Status report Page 6,061

Quote: Briosaid @ 1st January 2020, 12:28 AM

let's hear it for CATS

Yaaaaaay, cats!

Replace boy with cat for the desired effect:

I too am sorry to hear about the demise of your cat, I lost mine 28 years ago. But on a subconscious level she never went. I used to wash her bowl in the kitchen sink, making sure that all of my plates were washed in a washing up bowl in the sink. To this day, if anything falls out of the bowl into the sink itself, I chuck it out thinking it has been mixed with the contents of her bowl. Which obviously means that I still think she is alive. It's so weird the way the mind tends to work in that sense. She might have been one of the last all black cats of all time. Apparently, the internet doesn't see them as photogenic.

Cheers, Horse.

Apparently, the problem with black cats is that that they don't show up very well in selfies - and, as we know, selfies are the whole world to millions of young people nowadays.

Sadly, their being less well-liked isn't simply a blow to their vanity: their non-photogenic nature has serious repercussions for their welfare because their lack of popularity as selfie accessories means they have become shunned by an entire generation and, as a result, they are now rather difficult to home, either as kittens or as older cats. As a result, a number of cat-related organisations are neutering black cats in order to reduce the population of unwanted animals.

Sad indeed. :(

Quote: Rood Eye @ 1st January 2020, 10:01 AM

Cheers, Horse.

Apparently, the problem with black cats is that that they don't show up very well in selfies - and, as we know, selfies are the whole world to millions of young people nowadays.

Sadly, their being less well-liked isn't simply a blow to their vanity: their non-photogenic nature has serious repercussions for their welfare because their lack of popularity as selfie accessories means they have become shunned by an entire generation and, as a result, they are now rather difficult to home, either as kittens or as older cats. As a result, a number of cat-related organisations are neutering black cats in order to reduce the population of unwanted animals.

That's horrifying.

Quote: Briosaid @ 1st January 2020, 12:28 AM

And a good 2020 to all of you, and let's hear it for CATS, whom I always love.

Yes the year of Brexit.

Quote: Chappers @ 1st January 2020, 6:51 PM

Yes the year of Brexit.

Booooooo!

Really, Chappers, don't you have decent psychiatrists in England? *waits for next anti-Scots riposte*

Quote: Rood Eye @ 1st January 2020, 10:01 AM

Cheers, Horse.

Terrible.

I think black cats are the prettiest cats.

Quote: Chappers @ 1st January 2020, 6:51 PM

Yes the year of Brexit.

Cats are a bit like Brexit. You can't argue with them and they are rubbish at fine detail.

Quote: Briosaid @ 1st January 2020, 11:44 PM

Booooooo!

Really, Chappers, don't you have decent psychiatrists in England? *waits for next anti-Scots riposte*

We don't need them down here.

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd January 2020, 4:03 PM

We don't need them down here.

*Thinks ' typical delusional behaviour'* Laughing out loud

Drove straight to the airport from a 10-hour night shift. Drinking a beer and wolfing down breakfast tacos. I don't sleep on planes, but I'm gonna give it a try because as soon as I land in Seattle my son is taking me to a local brewery's anniversary party.

Quote: DaButt @ 10th January 2020, 3:06 PM

a local brewery's anniversary party.

If the party is held on the brewery's premises: it's almost impossible for anything to go wrong.

PS. Everybody in Britain knows I'm right.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 10th January 2020, 3:39 PM

If the party is held on the brewery's premises: it's almost impossible for anything to go wrong.

PS. Everybody in Britain knows I'm right.

I'll let you know how it goes. On the plane and ready to push back.

Getting ready to board a flight for home. There's some sort of frozen white precipitation falling from the sky.