Gavin and Stacey Christmas Special 2019 Page 2

I quite liked this comeback at Christmas, it was rather good Christmas telly. Loved every bit of it. I really hope they bring it back for Series 4, or a film.

I spent most of Christmas on the sofa under mounds of blankets because of a cold so didn't see much TV. I knew I was ill because the thought of drinking beer seemed disgusting and that is just not like me. I hadn't seen Gavin And Stacey before but watched it with the folks and really enjoyed it. Subtle humour from likeable characters and by the end I was wondering where the story was going even though I was new to the characters and their relationships with each other. A hallmark of great comedy writing.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 31st December 2019, 8:40 PM

I spent most of Christmas on the sofa under mounds of blankets because of a cold so didn't see much TV..

Were the blankets movable? Seems quite lazy.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 31st December 2019, 8:40 PM

I spent most of Christmas on the sofa under mounds of blankets because of a cold so didn't see much TV. I knew I was ill because the thought of drinking beer seemed disgusting and that is just not like me. I hadn't seen Gavin And Stacey before but watched it with the folks and really enjoyed it. Subtle humour from likeable characters and by the end I was wondering where the story was going even though I was new to the characters and their relationships with each other. A hallmark of great comedy writing.

That's quite the accolade indeed!

I don't remember ever being bowled over by the original series runs, but also greatly enjoyed the special. Nice references back, a couple of slight sickly cringe points, but lots to enjoy and laugh at too. Great cliffhanger as well - found myself dying for the next episode!

It was a success.