The all in one consolidated RIP thread Page 33

Tony Britton

Quote: john tregorran @ 21st December 2019, 7:48 PM

Oh no.they are dropping like flies.
RIP "10 years ahead of his time".

Quote: Chappers @ 22nd December 2019, 9:41 PM

So really he shouldn't die until 2029.

Ha ha, good one Chappers. Obviously as a scorer in our World Cup Win he's a just hero and he was a gent as well but didn't he get some stick in his playing days for doing very little then popping up to grab a goal, inspiring the likes of David Platt and Frank Lampard to copy his 'floating ghost midfielder' style with great success.

Scottish writer and artist Alasdair Gray has died. A great original.

Brilliant man. Scotland is such a small place. One friend of mine was at school with him and another (SNP activist) was very close in other ways.

RIP Neil Innes

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 30th December 2019, 1:14 PM

RIP Neil Innes

Really? I only saw him earlier this year leading the Rutles.

Oh no.
RIP Neil.

I loved Neil Innes, RIP.

Rutle in peace

Rutle with wild abandon. :(

RIP Marion Chesney, better known as M C Beaton of Agatha Raisin and Hamish MacBeth fame.

Derek Acorah, the controversial Merseyside medium, has passed over to the other side at the age of 69.

I wonder if he saw it coming?

Quote: Rood Eye @ 4th January 2020, 8:52 AM

Derek Acorah, the controversial Merseyside medium, has passed over to the other side at the age of 69.

He apparently had a drink problem...........too many spirits.

Derek Acorah, or as he was better known - 'The fake medium Derek Acorah' inspired me to write this bit of tomfoolery in the 'Make an unfounded claim' thread. So credit where it is due...

Frankie is not only the editor of the leading psychic journal 'The monthly charlatan', he is also a pioneer in the field of psychic research. He has recently gone beyond the confines of the traditional disciplines of - 'clairaudience' (pretending to hear messages from spirit), 'clairvoyance' (pretending to see the departed) and 'clairsentience' (the ability to pretend to feel a vague presence of a departed loved one) - to launch an entirely new branch of psychic tomfoolery 'clairolfafience' or the imaginary ability to smell the presence of those who have passed.

Speaking earlier today Frankie explained "most of us have a distinctive odour whilst alive, I certainly know I do! So, it is only to be expected that the visiting departed would bring with them their own individual spectral funk". When questioned he admitted that there is no scientific evidence to support his malodourous theory, though he did point out that having no proof and sounding preposterous actually placed his theory slap bang in line with most current psychic belief.

When asked what type of odour might be expected from a visiting wraith Frankie suggested usually a feint whiff of mouldy cheese accompanied by a hint of stale piss. A description which most clients could immediately identify as definitely belonging to their elderly departed relative.

RIP Derek Fowlds. Sadly, the last of the Yes, Minister trio.