Mrs. Brown's Boys Christmas Specials 2019/20

Think it's gone past its peak sadly. The Christmas Day episode this year was the worst one to date which is a shame as I used to love the show. Hopefully it'll pack up next Christmas as I think Brendan is starting to ruin it now.

However, I did catch D'Musical live show this year and thought that was great. I think it's definitely got legs to carry on as a stage show but in terms of TV specials, I think it's definitely had its day unfortunately which is a shame as I used to look forward to the Christmas Specials.

I used to love it, but I gave this one ten minutes and I didn't laugh so turned over. At this stage it's pretty much a parody of itself. Like when Buster got a round of applause just for coming into the kitchen.

Quote: G180e @ 27th December 2019, 1:53 PM

The Christmas Day episode this year was the worst one to date

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 27th December 2019, 6:15 PM

I gave this one ten minutes and I didn't laugh so turned over.

I thought it was pretty good.

No spoilers intended but it does get quite interesting after the first eight minutes or so, when she goes down to the pub.

Some people love Mrs Brown's Boys while others absolutely hate it. I don't think this Christmas Day special will do much to convert the haters but I'd be surprised if fans of the show didn't enjoy it immensely.

I was wondering what their worst must be like.

The idea behind the Christmas one was interesting, and Curly Watts turning up as an 'angel' very unexpected. The New Year's Day episode was definitely the better of the two though.

Quote: John M @ 2nd January 2020, 12:07 AM

The idea behind the Christmas one was interesting, and Curly Watts turning up as an 'angel' very unexpected. The New Year's Day episode was definitely the better of the two though.

Yes, the New Year Special was definitely the strongest of the two but I still didn't feel it was quite up to the high standard of the previous earlier series. It wouldn't surprise me if it finishes on BBC One after the next Christmas specials and next series of All Round To Mrs. Brown's, I feel it's certainly gone past its peak.

However, It definitely can carry on as a live touring stage show after all that's what it's always been.