The Detectives - Chemist scene?

Which episode is it when they are interrogating a suspect and it turns out to be his shopping list for the chemist? I am sure it was an opening scene.
Thanks in advance.

The episode you're looking for is Series 5 Episode 6, 'Mine's a Large One'. Its first scene spoofs the opening of The Bill, then goes into the scene you describe, featuring the actor who played Peter Craven in 'Please Sir!'. The story goes on to chart the pair's misfortunes as part of the river police and is the last regular episode before the feature-length episode 'Go West Young Man' and the two-part sketch on 'The One Jasper Carrott' in 2012.

As it's Christmas, you might also be interested in seeing the special between Series 3 and 4, titled 'Thicker Than Water', which shows Bob's brother coming to spend Christmas with the pair.

Thanks Dave. Appreciate your time getting this info to me. It's the same episode as the 'Forward Plann.......ing' sketch. ????????

Quote: Dave @ 25th December 2019, 4:59 PM

As it's Christmas, you might also be interested in seeing the special between Series 3 and 4, titled 'Thicker Than Water', which shows Bob's brother coming to spend Christmas with the pair.

Thanks for the heads up and I've not seen it before so have just got the series 4 DVD ready for this evening. Just thinking about them looking at each other with those gormless expressions makes me laugh. Enter the Superintendent.... :D

I wasn't sure what series Thicker Than Water was on because on IMDB it's listed as season 4, episode 0 but on previous series the first episode is always listed as 1 and not 0 so I wasn't sure if it's on a special disc. I've just checked and it's the first episode on the series 4 disk. Hurrah!