The all in one consolidated RIP thread Page 32

Mr. B was reading about his life and his early days had a terrible sadness. Apparently his father was a POW in Japan. After he was liberated he was flying home when the plane crashed. Clive James was only 6 and when his mother got the News, she collapsed (ill, not dead) in front of him. Terrible experience for a 6-year-old

RIP
Bob Willis.

Botham got the plaudits for Headingley but it was Bob's wickets what did it.

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."

I'm sure most BCG readers will be familiar with the above words but it may be that not all readers are aware that a few of those few are still with us almost 80 years on.

Until recently, there were four Battle of Britain pilots remaining amongst us.

Sadly, however, Flight Lieutenant Maurice Mounsdon died last Friday at the age of 101.

RIP.

Sheila Mercier at 100.

Aka Annie Sugden of Emmerdale

Also sister of Brian Rix and appeared in his farces, which was all news to me.

Nicky Henson.
Amongst other things,famous for his one episode of Fawlty Towers.
And he had an affair with Susan Hampshire.
Not all bad then.

I just saw that Kenny Lynch has died. A great singer songwriter and comedy actor.

Billy Hughes

Everyone's hero.Unless you came from Leeds.

Quote: john tregorran @ 20th December 2019, 9:25 PM

Billy Hughes

Everyone's hero.Unless you came from Leeds.

Who?

Come off it,you are no spring chicken.:)

Who did he play for ? Not Chelsea.

OK just Googled and nowe I remember but if you'd ask me to name any of their players in could only think of Jim Montgomery or Ian Porterfield.

I have a good reason to remember Sunderland.They came to play us after the cup and they paraded it around the pitch AND we needed a point to stay up.Stokoe and our manager Scoular were good mates so.............although we almost buggered it up :)

Martin Peters, who scored for England in the 1966 World Cup final, died at 4 am this morning. He was 76.

Martin Peters, Bobby Moore and Geoff Hurst pose with the World Cup.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 21st December 2019, 5:11 PM

Martin Peters, who scored for England in the 1966 World Cup final, died at 4 am this morning.

Saw him play many times. :(

Oh no.they are dropping like flies.
RIP "10 years ahead of his time".

So really he shouldn't die until 2029.