Labour Party leadership: who follows Corbyn? Page 2

According to reports, Rebecca Long-Bailey and Angela Rayner have made a pact to run as Labour leader and deputy in what is being described as a "dream ticket".

When Bill Clinton was running for office, he chose as his campaign theme music Fleetwood Mac's "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow". A brilliant song by a brilliant band that really painted a vibrant picture of a new America and the all-American man who was going to build it.

Being proper northern lasses to their very bones, I have a feeling Rebecca and Angela are going to choose Gracie Fields' "Sing as we go".

Have to say, those 2 wonen give me a right pain in the arse. And I doubt Labour can win with them.

Rebecca Long-Bailey is now odds-on (10/11) to be the next Labour leader.

Boris must be dancing for joy! Laughing out loud

Quote: Rood Eye @ 16th December 2019, 8:23 PM

According to reports, Rebecca Long-Bailey and Angela Rayner have made a pact to run as Labour leader and deputy in what is being described as a "dream ticket".

]

They are flat mates apparently so this partnership should have some cohesion about it and be productive. But Corbyn and McDonnell were mates and look where that partnership got Labour - Meaning being productive on the wrong path will only keep them unelectable. RLB has gone under my radar a bit but isn't she a Momentum lefty? I have a feeling the New Labour old guard are mounting some sort of purge of Momentum to get Labour back to being centre left and electable, so we could see that civil war the papers have been on about. But have the Left already become too strong for them like Cromwell's lot. I think we're more likely to see the Blairites being kicked out to form another SDP.

Meanwhile Islington Labour snob Thornberry is saying they would've won with a Remain in EU policy. No, Emily, you lost more Leave voters to the Tories than Remain voters to the LibDems, the facts and figures are blaringly blatant if you care to look at them! That's her out of the running.

They'll pick the wrong one.
Like they picked the wrong Milliband.

If Angela's right hand were as big as her left, she'd be playing in goal for England! Laughing out loud

Has David Milliband not got another weird freaky brother or maybe a half witted sister ?

I liked Ed. I mean he wasn't a good leader but I warmed to him in a way I could never warm to Corbyn.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 17th December 2019, 8:55 AM

They are flatmates

I know what you mean, Squire.

Nudge nudge, say no more. Whistling nnocently

Quote: Rood Eye @ 17th December 2019, 11:06 AM

If Angela's right hand were as big as her left, she'd be playing in goal for England! Laughing out loud

Maybe it's her left hand that's around Virginia Roberts' waist?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 18th December 2019, 12:31 PM

Maybe it's her left hand that's around Virginia Roberts' waist?

Andy suggested that might not have been his hand. Him rubbing his body against you without the use of hands would be even weirder !

Quote: chipolata @ 17th December 2019, 7:28 PM

...I warmed to him in a way I could never warm to Corbyn.

Corbyn is deadwood, you could try burning him.

Back to the issue in hand, I recon Labour should go for the first ever cartoon leader, perfect for going up against our Mickey Mouse PM . Donald would approve. But who... Elmer Fudd maybe ?

Quote: Firkin @ 18th December 2019, 4:54 PM

I recon Labour should go for the first-ever cartoon leader. . . . But who... ?

Ha ha. We'll probably get more sense from the one on the right. Thornberry has started her campaign full of her usual arrogance, obviously thinking she can bulldoze over her puny rivals. Her two other old guard rivals are Starmer and Cooper if she decides to run, unwise seeing as she barely held onto her once safe seat. There's more chance of her smiling than becoming Labour Leader.

And choosing a remainer will not get their northern votes back. But going for a Corbynista like RLB will keep them unelectable so they are in a right old pickle, again. Smiley face. So my bet is hot tempered washerwoman Jess Phillips for being an anti Corbyn Woman from nearly up North. Tick Tick Tick.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 21st December 2019, 9:00 AM

Ha ha. We'll probably get more sense from the one on the right. Thornberry has started her campaign full of her usual arrogance, obviously thinking she can bulldoze over her puny rivals.

That's what everybody in politics, especially leaders, does now. Donald Trump and Boris Johnson are hardly renowned for their quiet dignified humility.