What are you listening to now? Page 1,341

Quote: A Horseradish @ 30th November 2019, 1:53 AM

Not sure that I can understand the confusion on your point. It's like you saying which ones were dames : Johhny Hates Jazz or Curiosity Killed The Cat as if the latter could have possibly been when the leading passing geezer was half French, double barrelled and came from the rich farming and arboreal communities of the Forest of Dean,

I didn't know the name of the singer so always assumed it was a female. Similar to this one by Electric Guest that I thought was by woman until I saw the video as his voice sounds like Nina Simone.

Ben Volpeliere-Pierrot was cool in Curiosity Killed The Cat and they made some good songs. He replies to people on youtube which must be nice for the big fans of the band.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 8th December 2019, 5:56 PM

Maybe it's (short for) Maybelline?

So you're suggesting maybe she's born with it?

I went to school with someone with the surname of Maybe. I can see it being a problem in certain scenarios. "Welcome to this assertiveness class and my name is Mr Maybe."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCdgDxQbW_U

Underworld 1992-2012 The Anthology

14 December 1979

What do you call a cross between The Clash and One Direction? Green Day.

Down The Road Wherever - Mark Knopfler

Roots - Curtis Mayfield

Stiff little fingers- alternative Ulster

Quote: john tregorran @ 15th December 2019, 3:38 AM

You seem to be going through a Classic Rock phase. :D

Quote: lofthouse @ 15th December 2019, 3:44 PM

Stiff little fingers- alternative Ulster

Still got my picture sleeve vinyl single of that. (And my "London Calling" one.) Played a few of my singles the other day - Bob Marley, Echo and the Bunnymen, the Pogues, Style Council. :)

Laughing out loud just seen Chip's post in the other thread.

Quote: chipolata @ 15th December 2019, 2:44 PM

Paul Weller. Nobody with that haircut should be allowed to make music.

Hi George.
I only have the one record each of PF and LZ and immerse myself in them every now and then.Yes,as you say going through a bit of a phase.:)

Quote: john tregorran @ 15th December 2019, 11:05 PM

Hi George.
I only have the one record each of PF and LZ and immerse myself in them every now and then.Yes,as you say going through a bit of a phase.:)

I've got most of Zep's, and a few Floyds, but I tend to listen to Robert Plant's recent solo albums more often these days.

If you want to add more, "Physical Graffiti", and "Wish You Were Here" still hold up well.

Thanks George.Here's another oldie.

Jinx - Rory Gallagher