The general pop/rock - music thread Page 199

Which singer is less and less specific? Suzanne Vaguer.

Featuring a member of The Beatles, The Clash, The Beautiful South, Squeeze, The La's, Frankie Goes to Hollywood , Robbie Williams , Melanie C , Rebecca Ferguson, Paloma Faith, Beverley Knight, John Bishop and so many more

Quote: Firkin @ 28th November 2019, 8:10 PM

Featuring a member of The Beatles, Melanie C ,

A member of the greatest band of all time, AND a Beatle.

My favourite singer is Alanis Morissette, but I can never remember a single lyric. Isn't it ironic? Don't you think? A little too ironic.

I never remember any rock 'n' roll songs. Ain't that a shame.
I never remember any disco songs, but I will survive.
I never remember any One Direction songs.Thank f**k for that. They're shit.

Bought a box set (Mental Train - The Island Years) containing the first four Mott The Hopple albums a few months ago. Now I've listened to them and I think they're sensational, especially Brain Capers. I prefer these early, harder rocking albums to their later, popular ones.

Any thoughts on this? Chappers, George or Herc maybe?

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 12th December 2019, 7:36 PM

Bought a box set (Mental Train - The Island Years) containing the first four Mott The Hopple albums a few months ago. Now I've listened to them and I think they're sensational, especially Brain Capers. I prefer these early, harder rocking albums to their later, popular ones.

Any thoughts on this? Chappers, George or Herc maybe?

Good to see you, Gordon.

I got excited by your post, hoping it would be one of those budget price box sets that get issued, such as my Dr. John one with his first five albums which I picked up new for under fifteen quid. This one goes for a hundred on Amazon! Out of my league.

I strongly recommend this BBC 4 documentary about them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihZyRl3xgAE

Quote: George Kaplan @ 12th December 2019, 9:46 PM

Good to see you, Gordon.

I got excited by your post, hoping it would be one of those budget price box sets that get issued, such as my Dr. John one with his first five albums which I picked up new for under fifteen quid. This one goes for a hundred on Amazon! Out of my league.

I strongly recommend this BBC 4 documentary about them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihZyRl3xgAE

Good to see you too, George!

Thanks for the link!

I bought the box set for 42 Swiss francs (about 30£?) when it was brandnew, about 6 months ago. You saw it for a hundred? It must me out of print already then.

Just had a few pints with my neighbor and listened to the new Who album. It was the first time I've played a new vinyl record from them since 1982. Stronger than their last effort, I think.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 12th December 2019, 10:05 PM

I bought the box set for 42 Swiss francs (about 30£?) when it was brandnew, about 6 months ago. You saw it for a hundred? It must me out of print already then.

Just checked Discogs. Much cheaper there - £40 second-hand, £51 new.

Quote: DaButt @ 12th December 2019, 11:52 PM

Just had a few pints with my neighbor and listened to the new Who album. It was the first time I've played a new vinyl record from them since 1982. Stronger than their last effort, I think.

Seems to be getting good reviews. Was hoping to watch the interview with them on Jonathan Ross last Saturday, but it didn't get shown.

Faith No More in the UK next summer. Yesssss!

My Midnight Oil box set has arrived this morning. "Overflow Tank", 4 CDs full of rarities and 8 DVDs.

Btw, MO is one of my all time favourite bands.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 14th December 2019, 11:03 PM

My Midnight Oil box set has arrived this morning. "Overflow Tank", 4 CDs full of rarities and 8 DVDs.

Btw, MO is one of my all time favourite bands.

Did you win EuroMillions? :)

Which singer is confident of his undies? Nik Kershaw.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 16th December 2019, 4:14 PM

Which singer is confident of his undies? Nik Kershaw.

:D

Quote: George Kaplan @ 15th December 2019, 11:43 PM

Did you win EuroMillions? :)

Sadly, no. Otherwise I'd have bought this site, sacked Aaron and banned Herc.