Alan Partridge - Scissored Isle

Wasn't as good Welcome to the Places of My Life but still very funny, my favourite scene is Alan on an E!

The scene in the Tesco was filmed in Borehamwood, next to the studios.
He shot it at the tail end of last year. I have a part-time job in that Tesco but was sadly not there on the day of filming and found out too late. The manager and the old lady were actors but everyone else were real members of staff. A few I knew but I don't work on the checkouts but I recognised people.

Anyway, I thought it was great but it lacked focus, it felt more like a string of Alan Partridge sketches feebly stitched together. I laughed a lot and that's all that counts so it's a winner for me.

I loved this! The checkout scene was absolutely fantastic!

*laments why she hasn't got access to Sky Atlantic*

Quote: Woozie @ 31st May 2016, 9:26 PM BST

The scene in the Tesco was filmed in Borehamwood, next to the studios.
He shot it at the tail end of last year. I have a part-time job in that Tesco but was sadly not there on the day of filming and found out too late. The manager and the old lady were actors but everyone else were real members of staff. A few I knew but I don't work on the checkouts but I recognised people.

Anyway, I thought it was great but it lacked focus, it felt more like a string of Alan Partridge sketches feebly stitched together. I laughed a lot and that's all that counts so it's a winner for me.

Er Yes, yes and yes! Ahaaaah! The checkout scene was brilliant, "You go careful now my love!"

I loved it. The bubblewrap dress was inspired.

Thought it was superb. So many lines that will be quoted like his other stuff. I sing the theme for it a few times a day.

This special was absolutely fantastic. The scenes in Tesco were divine.

Although I think it's on YouTube, they have finally released a DVD of this for any Partridge completists. Well worth adding to the Partridge Collection.

Are these sequels or spinoffs? If seen as one sitcom then Alan Partridge would be one of the longest running Britcoms. For avid fans why not keep wringing them out, yes. I liked what I saw - S1 to 3 only, especially S2, but won't go hunting the others down on prescription channels or dvds. He's a character but has a lot of competition from our other sitcoms, he'd have a fight getting into the top 20 imo.

I had only seen a few snippets but was just watching it on youtube and saw the scene when he takes an E :D

I do love Alan out in the world. The best bits of This Time were the reportage bits.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 30th November 2019, 1:34 PM

Are these sequels or spinoffs? If seen as one sitcom then Alan Partridge would be one of the longest running Britcoms. For avid fans why not keep wringing them out, yes. I liked what I saw - S1 to 3 only, especially S2, but won't go hunting the others down on prescription channels or dvds. He's a character but has a lot of competition from our other sitcoms, he'd have a fight getting into the top 20 imo.

Neither.

It's a separately developed character, arguably all spinning off from a single radio sketch show.

Quote: Aaron @ 8th December 2019, 1:00 PM

Neither.

It's a separately developed character, arguably all spinning off from a single radio sketch show.

Partridge seems almost unique in that he has appeared in numerous different shows. I can't think of many other examples, except possibly Keith Barret (although to a much lesser extent).

Quote: chipolata @ 8th December 2019, 10:18 PM

Partridge seems almost unique in that he has appeared in numerous different shows. I can't think of many other examples, except possibly Keith Barret (although to a much lesser extent).

Alf Garnett is the only other instance I can think of.

Although there are various instances of popular characters making cameo appearances. Stephen Lewis revived his Blakey act in Noel's House Party a fair bit, for example.