Final Draft on offer

I know it's expensive, but if you WERE thinking of getting it, it' s £70 cheaper until midnight tonight.
That's all.

You can always get a pared down version really cheaply as an app for your iPad, as I have.

Didn't know that.
I work 'widescreen' so need the full bells & whistles version!

Can one of you tell me if it converts a non templated draft into a nice script format or do you have to retype the whole script out into it? So if I put my manually arranged draft into it will it automatically or easily rearrange it into a nice neat proper TV script form instead of my wobbly indent version? All my scripts are pre typed and I don't want to go through all that again. Also is it easy to use for IT blockheads like me? Ta in advance.

Easy to use - you will need to read the Help file - but it pretty well walks you through. Some of the more complex 'production' functions (not needed till you're actually talking to producers etc) need a bit of practice.
In terms of importing, I know you can import the whole document then go through it and 'assign' the formatting (ie highlight a block of dialogue, go to a drop down menu and click "dialogue") etc. Obviously this takes a little time, but you shouldn't have to re-type anything, and once it's done, it's done.

Thanks, I've been umming and arring about getting it for yonks as I tend to do on everything. I tried that Celtx once, I didn't know what was going on and it put me off getting FD - hopefully it's nothing like Celtx. I use my own format with tabs which is fiddly and hard to keep in line all the way down but I can read it clearly and distinguish between dialogue and action etc. which I struggle with when reading scripts from BBC archives on their website. I've assumed they are FD formatted.

The very least I would do is enlarge the font as I type in 14pts. Verdana or if have to use courier which I hate using then it's 16pts otherwise I can't read it. If I can do that for my drafts then reduce it down to the standard 12pts for sending off then I might finally make the purchase, even though I know it won't transform my efforts beyond a hobby, given the racket sitcom commissioning is. Angry

You can do those font and size changes.
It flashes up some stupid warning (or it used to) about not being acceptable for Hollywood - but ignore it.
Another, cheaper option is Scrivener (£30 - ish) - that's a whole different ballgame but has a good screenplay formatting tool within it.