Status report Page 6,057

Quote: zooo @ 9th November 2019, 10:16 AM

I ship it.

Eh?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 11th November 2019, 12:20 AM

:O You still work (!?), and isn't it a bit awkward carrying your school crossing patrol sign on the tube?

I have to work. I realised I'm no good at writing comedy.

Quote: Chappers @ 11th November 2019, 9:20 PM

I did notice. :D

Been on a pre-Christmas 'turkey & tinsel break' in Eastbourne this week. Hotel next door currently ablaze; fire engines as far as you can see. Just been evacuated to the furthest part of our hotel.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 22nd November 2019, 10:33 AM

Been on a pre-Christmas 'turkey & tinsel break' in Eastbourne this week. Hotel next door currently ablaze; fire engines as far as you can see. Just been evacuated to the furthest part of our hotel.

'
' Mercifully, there are no reports of injuries.

Billy (like Arnie of old) will be back.

Quote: Chappers @ 11th November 2019, 9:20 PM

Writing content? Selling on EBay?

Quote: Rood Eye @ 27th November 2019, 4:51 PM

Oh, and welcome back Billy - safe and sound!

Thank you.

Quite traumatic for all concerned though, luckily, it happened at breakfast time rather than overnight when the (mostly elderly) guests would have been in their rooms, probably asleep and not hearing the alarms.

The hotel at which I was staying is the one on the left in the top picture of those you posted above - with the protruding glass-fronted façade. So you can see how close it was getting and why we were evacuated to the far end of our hotel (before it was evacuated altogether).

My daughter has finally announced that her IVF procedure was successful, so I no longer have to keep it secret. Looking forward to a new granddaughter in 6 months!

Happy new granddaughter, Da Butt!

Wonderful news, DaButt. All the best.

Congratulations. You Da Gandaddy .

For a great many years, the passenger most loathed by airline staff in Britain was a mega-famous and mega-successful British TV star - in the field of light entertainment.

Sadly, that TV star's light was extinguished by the Grim Reaper a few years ago.

Interestingly, however, a new and apparently extremely worthy holder of the title "most loathed passenger" has emerged to claim the number one spot - and, once again, it's a mega-famous and mega-successful British TV star - in the fields of comedy and light entertainment.

My current status is one of contemplation as I sit here wondering why both those people (in my experience) never displayed a single nasty characteristic while appearing on TV. Quite the contrary, in fact: it was always my impression that both of them would be an absolute hoot to go out for a drink with.

Perhaps all those airline people are wrong and the two people mentioned above were/are not the biggest ****s in the world?

On the other hand, perhaps those airline people are right and the two people above were/are just very good at pretending to be nice on TV?

In times gone by, I would have had no hesitation in naming both people but because naming them is likely to offend BCG readers who happen to be fans of either of them, I shall desist in the interests of "peace in our forums".

So what's the point of this post?

Simple! It's to suggest that some of the people we think are nice might actually be complete bastards while some of the people we think are complete bastards might actually be quite nice.

You know it makes sense. Laughing out loud

I think I reached that conclusion when I was about 5.

Quote: john tregorran @ 5th December 2019, 7:15 PM

I think I reached that conclusion when I was about 5.

I thought the same. In fact I felt less intelligent after reading it.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 5th December 2019, 1:10 PM

For a great many years, the passenger most loathed by airline staff in Britain was a mega-famous and mega-successful British TV star - in the field of light entertainment.

Sadly, that TV star's light was extinguished by the Grim Reaper a few years ago.

Interestingly, however, a new and apparently extremely worthy holder of the title "most loathed passenger" has emerged to claim the number one spot - and, once again, it's a mega-famous and mega-successful British TV star - in the fields of comedy and light entertainment.

My current status is one of contemplation as I sit here wondering why both those people (in my experience) never displayed a single nasty characteristic while appearing on TV. Quite the contrary, in fact: it was always my impression that both of them would be an absolute hoot to go out for a drink with.

Perhaps all those airline people are wrong and the two people mentioned above were/are not the biggest ****s in the world?

On the other hand, perhaps those airline people are right and the two people above were/are just very good at pretending to be nice on TV?

In times gone by, I would have had no hesitation in naming both people but because naming them is likely to offend BCG readers who happen to be fans of either of them, I shall desist in the interests of "peace in our forums".

So what's the point of this post?

Simple! It's to suggest that some of the people we think are nice might actually be complete bastards while some of the people we think are complete bastards might actually be quite nice.

You know it makes sense. Laughing out loud

Name names you chicken if they've snuffed it.