So What Would Be in Your Political Manifesto Page 3

Quote: billwill @ 30th November 2019, 11:48 AM

1. Introduce a bill so that the General Population can have a poll for a Vote of "No Confidence in the Government" and thus invoke a General Election. {suggested Quorum = 1 million votes}.

2. Introduce a bill that all MPs on taking up their posts shall cancel any "Private Health Insurance" they may have and shall rely only on the Health Services of the NHS.

3. Introduce a bill that any MPs voting contrary to their election manifesto are automatically expelled from their Party

4. Introduce a bill that any MP 'crossing the floor' or expelled from the Party, shall immediately resign causing a by-election, where that MP must stand either for the party of his/her new choosing or as an independent.

5. Introduce a bill that 90% of all profits from UK services owned by non-UK citizens/organizations cannot be exported but must be invested only in the UK

There that'll do for starters.

Number 1 will probably require that a secure, checked, electronic method of voting must be devised, with provision for those who do not 'go online'.

Number one would be a disaster and lead to even more instability as we'd end up with a general election every other week.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 30th November 2019, 12:05 PM

The main selling point of my manifesto is copyrighting ideas from Radio 4 shows so people can't turn them into forum threads.

:D. Mark Thomas, wasn't it?

Quote: chipolata @ 30th November 2019, 12:28 PM

Number one would be a disaster and lead to even more instability as we'd end up with a general election every other week.

So increase the quorum. But there definitely ought to be a way of firing the Government by the People and not have to rely on Parliament to dissolve itself.

Oh dear, I seem to have killed this topic by posting some serious suggestions, so let's have a subthread of
"What would you put in the manifesto of 'The Monster Raving Loony Party' ? "

All Clown Shoes must be longer than one foot.

Monster Raving Loony Party are probably the best bet. The more I see of Boris-I-know-how-to-walk-like-an-ape Johnston , the more I understand how decent Americans felt when they were landed with monster Trump.

Quote: Briosaid @ 1st December 2019, 8:55 PM

Monster Raving Loony Party are probably the best bet. The more I see of Boris-I-know-how-to-walk-like-an-ape Johnston , the more I understand how decent Americans felt when they were landed with monster Trump.

Ape and monster were both classic tropes used by Hitler's fascists to denigrate Jews, Gays, Gypsies etc so that people thought of them as animals or sub-humans. As a "liberal" would you wish to reconsider and update your self-perception of liberalism? Or has the warp turned full circle so that "liberalism" is now the most likely gateway to the gas chambers? And if so will you all be fully funded by the global conglomerates who are so keen to overturn election outcomes?

New Policy:

A free transistor radio for all men that get sterilized . *

* I believe this was China's initial approach to tackling the population explosion, before the one child policy. Mind you, no one else has managed to tackle the problem as effectively.

Sterilization of all Politicians with no empathy. What a blood bath that would be. That would probably take Boris, Farage , Sturgeon and Salmond (if he were standing) out, who else ?

Quote: A Horseradish @ 2nd December 2019, 12:33 AM

Ape and monster were both classic tropes used by Hitler's fascists to denigrate Jews, Gays, Gypsies etc so that people thought of them as animals or sub-humans. As a "liberal" would you wish to reconsider and update your self-perception of liberalism? Or has the warp turned full circle so that "liberalism" is now the most likely gateway to the gas chambers? And if so will you all be fully funded by the global conglomerates who are so keen to overturn election outcomes?

You do like a bit of hysterical hyperbole.

Personally Boris has always reminded me more of Homer Simpson with hair. Although obviously one is a two dimensional cartoon character that endlessly spouts meaningless catchphrases, and the other is Homer Simpson. Boom, tish, etc,

For the Monster Raving Loony Party manifesto

1. We will proposes a bill for automatic euthanasia of all citizens on reaching retirement age; this will solve NHS overcrowding, practically eliminate Altzeimers illness, solve the housing problems, cause a change in the Labour leadership, practically eliminate the House of Lords and the crusty old Royalty and will free up lots of tax money which can be used to pay benefits for those unable to work or are made redundant and it will enable free broadband and transport for all citizens and a free smart-phone and TV too, plus lots of other benefits which we haven't thought of yet.

Christians, Muslims, Hindu's and those of many other religions will welcome this bill as it provides a short cut to their heaven, without the stigma of suicide, , though the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster might not be so enthusiastic.

To make it practical this bill will have to be phased in over a transition period of say 10 years starting with the oldest persons and during that time there will be a lot of extra jobs for younger people as grave diggers, coffin makers or cremation manufacture and maintenance.

2. All coffins are to be made from re-cycled plastic. The cutting down of trees for wood to make coffins shall be a capital offence.

Quote: billwill @ 2nd December 2019, 3:43 PM

1. We will proposes a bill for automatic euthanasia of all citizens on reaching retirement age; this will solve NHS overcrowding, practically eliminate Altzeimers illness, solve the housing problems, cause a change in the Labour leadership, practically eliminate the House of Lords and the crusty old Royalty and will free up lots of tax money which can be used to pay benefits for those unable to work or are made redundant and it will enable free broadband and transport for all citizens and a free smart-phone and TV too, plus lots of other benefits which we haven't thought of yet.

Christians, Muslims, Hindu's and those of many other religions will welcome this bill as it provides a short cut to their heaven, without the stigma of suicide, , though the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster might not be so enthusiastic.

To make it practical this bill will have to be phased in over a transition period of say 10 years starting with the oldest persons and during that time there will be a lot of extra jobs for younger people as grave diggers, coffin makers or cremation manufacture and maintenance.

2. All coffins are to be made from re-cycled plastic. The cutting down of trees for wood to make coffins shall be a capital offence.

I'd go with that. Could we maybe grow masses of extra bamboo and weave the coffins from that? Or would that somehow cause pandas to suffer?

Quote: billwill @ 2nd December 2019, 3:43 PM

Ah, I've just thought of another great advantage of this bill, young uns will no longer need to save for a pension and no money will be deducted from their wages for pension accumulation, the young uns will be able to spend it all on holidays in Spain, France, Italy, Greece, Cyprus etc. basking in the sun. This will do wonders for the economy. Also pension fund embezzlement or other methods of misappropriating pension funds will be impossible.

Quote: Firkin @ 2nd December 2019, 9:59 AM

New Policy:

A free transistor radio for all men that get sterilized

Or conversely, free sterilisation for anyone buying a transistor radio?

Or better still - compulsory sterilisation for anyone caught watching love island, pouting on a selfie or saying "It's only Boris"...

Quote: playfull @ 4th December 2019, 1:16 PM

Or conversely, free sterilisation for anyone buying a transistor radio?

Or better still - compulsory sterilisation for anyone caught watching love island, pouting on a selfie or saying "It's only Boris"...

Laughing out loud I like the idea of there being a love island underground resistance group. "I am willing to die for the right to wear undersized speedos !" "They can take our spandex, but they'll never take it for long, it's elasticated !"