Getting stuff published

Hello,
I know many people think they are funny but actually are not but what if you are exceptionally witty how/who is the best route for getting your stuff.. as a potential comedy writer, on the road to discovery?

Quote: diggy @ 4th December 2019, 8:22 AM

...if you are exceptionally witty...?

Hello Diggy, are you asking for you or a friend?

a friend.

If nepotism is not an option, then i would hazard to suggest it is hard to earn a living being funny, never mind being a success.
Most of the people who frequent this site - as well as those who frequent less frequently - are comedy wannabees (this includes me), but there are some who post or lurk who have had some success in sitcom, books or stand-up.

I suggest you give a little more information about you or 'your friends' desired comedy field and try and tempt someone with the appropriate experience to reply...

Quote: diggy @ 4th December 2019, 8:22 AM

I know many people think they are funny but actually are not

The most powerful encouragement I could possibly give you is to point out that some of those people are on the telly being paid large sums of money for being funny while actually not being.

In this modern day and age, being funny is an asset to a TV writer or comedian but it's by no means essential.

If you're a wannabe stand-up comedian, the best way to find out whether you're any good or not is to actually stand up in front of an audience and do your best to be funny. They'll soon let you know how funny you are.

If personal appearances are not your thing and you prefer to let your writing do the talking (do you see what I did there?) your best bet is to write something and send it off to somebody. Don't be put off by any organisation that says it doesn't accept unsolicited material.

Write stuff and send it to people whose job it is to read stuff and pay money for it!

Thanks for your reply. I will talk to him. Meeting up for Xmas so will be better informed as to what he wants to do.
Thanks

I saw what you did there. LOL

If you keep freelancing for instance, chances are you will get published. Probably something like short stories or a magazine article.

thanks

Have you considered these? https://newsthump.com/writing-for-newsthump/ https://thenewsdump.co.uk/write-for-the-news-dump

Thanks for this. I will pass it on.