Things that piss you off Page 1,775

All the smart arses who take cheap shots at 16-year-old Greta Thunberg. What's the problem about a young person with all her life ahead who tries to take on the authorities who're happy to sit on their arses when the end of the world is in sight? I have no grandchildren, so don't have investment in the future of the planet, but why sneer at those who have? She's done wonders at publicising the problem. Credit , and support, is due.

I agree.Oscar said it.
"With age comes wisdom, but sometimes age comes alone."

I agree. Next month I'll be 75, which sounds ancient, but in my head I'm 28, and, frankly there are many old f***ers who piss me off.

I'm 72 and 3/4 but feel very young in my head.Until I hear young people talking and then I feel old again :)

Quote: john tregorran @ 29th November 2019, 11:16 PM

I agree.Oscar said it.
"With age comes wisdom, but sometimes age comes alone."

A number of BCG readers/members are endowed with wisdom but, for that very reason, they are well aware of the dangers of making it too obvious when posting here.

You know what they say: "Where ignorance is bliss,'tis folly to be wise." Laughing out loud

I'm astounded at that. (Refers to John Tregaron's post) I thought you were a young person, so you must be holding your own in the youth stakes. Laughing out loud It's all in the mind. I can still spring off a medical bed, I'm glad to say.

There is something a bit creepy about the number of middle-aged men who heap a disproportionate amount of hate on her.

Quote: Briosaid @ 29th November 2019, 11:33 PM

I'm astounded at that. I thought you were a young person, so you must be holding your own in the youth stakes. Laughing out loud It's all in the mind. I can still spring off a medical bed, I'm glad to say.

:)

My better half is a lot younger than me and keeps me on my toes.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 29th November 2019, 11:31 PM

A number of BCG readers/members are endowed with wisdom but, for that very reason, they are well aware of the dangers of making it too obvious when posting here.

You know what they say: "Where ignorance is bliss,'tis folly to be wise." Laughing out loud

I think you're talking about yourself and it may be true. But some just THINK they're wise.

Quote: chipolata @ 29th November 2019, 11:33 PM

There is something a bit creepy about the number of middle-aged men who heap a disproportionate amount of hate on her.

YES! Chauvinist bastards! By the way, I like when people are shocked that somebody my age swears. You're not supposed to swear as a child and then you're not supposed to bloody swear when you get old.

Quote: john tregorran @ 29th November 2019, 11:36 PM

Mine is a lot older than me so I have to nag him to have younger attitudes.
Laughing out loud

I don't think anybody actually hates Greta Thunberg.

Her heart is clearly in the right place and she's clearly very worried about climate change.

Many people agree with her views and many disagree - that's all.

Quote: john tregorran @ 29th November 2019, 11:36 PM

That would also be true if she were a lot taller than you. Laughing out loud

Well ,by making personal remarks about her appearance ,as so many have,doesn't look like it.

We are the same height in the morning, but I'm shorter at the end of the day.

I don't understand the remarks about her appearance. She's just a young healthy-looking person. Very neat.

Quote: john tregorran @ 29th November 2019, 11:50 PM

Well ,by making personal remarks about her appearance ,as so many have,doesn't look like it.

I take it we're still with Greta Thunberg?

That happens to a huge number of people who achieve fame for one reason or another: it's got nothing to do with hatred in most cases.

I think in most cases, somebody just sees an opportunity for comedy and seizes it.

In some cases, it can be brilliant comedy while in others it's just plain cruel but, basically, the person making the remark is just trying to get a laugh.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 30th November 2019, 12:20 AM

I take it we're still with Greta Thunberg?

That happens to a huge number of people who achieve fame for one reason or another: it's got nothing to do with hatred in most cases.

I think in most cases, somebody just sees an opportunity for comedy and seizes it.

In some cases, it can be brilliant comedy while in others it's just plain cruel but, basically, the person making the remark is just trying to get a laugh.

I think you're being too kind. They're often just cruel bastards.