Two Pints Of Lager Page 2

Life contains many things that, like TPOL, are reviled by some yet loved by others.

That makes me think perhaps some of the things I don't like might really be quite nice.

I mean, a billion flies can't be totally wrong - can they? Laughing out loud

Didn't Susan Nickson have to get the police involved, such is your viciously childish hatred, Rood Eye?

Quote: Aaron @ 26th November 2019, 12:38 PM

Didn't Susan Nickson have to get the police involved, such is your viciously childish hatred, Rood Eye?

I'm not aware of any hatred on my part - vicious, childish or otherwise.

Neither am I aware of Susan Nickson ever having complained to the police about my dislike of her sitcom.

If a crime has been committed, it was committed jointly by her when she wrote TPOL and by the BBC when they broadcasted it. Laughing out loud

No more childish imo than reporting someone for giving their honest opinion of a show. If you get a sitcom shown on TV you will have to run the gauntlet of public opinion now, simple as that. It's an achievement in just getting on air, especially these days but if you have one of the longest running sitcoms on (British) TV surely you must have the security and self confidence by then to ignore the naysayers?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 28th November 2019, 6:11 AM

if you have one of the longest running sitcoms on (British) TV surely you must have the security and self confidence by then to ignore the naysayers?

Even Last Of The Summer Wine was a new, baby of a show once.

Well encouraged (if that's the right word) by this thread I thought I'd re-watch the first episode on iplayer.

Quite enjoyed it. Its crude, not aimed at my age group (even when first broadcast) but it made me laugh more than quite a few recent sitcoms.

There's not many sitcoms aimed the younger audience that I can think of and most of the recent BBC efforts have felt so safe and predictable that I enjoyed it as very different. No middle class cosiness that the BBC seems to think represents how most people live.

I do remember that it outstayed its welcome and there where far too many series but I don't think that's unique to this programme or writer.

When I first watched Two Pints Of Lager And A Packet Of Crisps back in December 2022, it came to me that I loved that show. And I am just a sixteen year old from Cavan, Ireland.

Fast forward to this weekend (24-25 June) and I seen an episode that attracted me further. It was called "When Janet Killed Jonny" and despite the gore and blood and the horror, I kinda loved that episode, so much that I rewatched it again the following early morning! I even heard a bit of a familiar S Club 7 song called "Bring It All Back".

And what about the moment when Janet sees the sunrise but gets distrupts by Jammy Dodger Jonny coming up from the basement with Kelly with lots of crisp packets on her, Louise's head biting Janet's leg, Donna's lower half walking in from the men's toilet followed by undead Gaz who picks up Louise's head? That has to be the watercooler moment that got me going!

Anyway, that is all from me, love to hear your opinions about my piece! 😊