Last Letter, First Letter : Things You Have In Your Own Loft Page 10

Random China.

Quote: Briosaid @ 22nd November 2019, 10:55 PM

Random China.

Attic style arboretum.

I didn't quite understand your comments although I tried - I have ten times as many records by Scottish artists than you.

Hope this helps.

M.

Mangelwurzel

just the one,so:

L

Ladies' clothing (brand-new).

G.

Gramophone records.

(The Blue Nile, Aztec Camera, Simple Minds, Teenage Fanclub, Jackie Leven, Capercaillie, Orange Juice, Mull Historical Society, Doll By Doll, Dick Gaughan, Danny Wilson, Deacon Blue, Songs of Separation, Primal Scream, Franz Ferdinand, Associates, Altered Images, Marmalade, AC/DC, Biffy Clyro, Runrig. Proclaimers, Belle and Sebastian, Josef K, Average White Band, Cocteau Twins, Moira Anderson, Billy Mackenzie, Idlewild, Boards of Canada, Mogwai, Jimmy Shand, KLF, MIchael Marra, Hue & Cry Calvin Harris, The Bluebells, Eddi Reader, Midge Ure, Lulu, Sheena Easton, Fish, Texas, Krankies)

S,

That's an interesting list.The NME has probably named most of them as "The Next Big Thing" at one time or another.Quite a lot of Scots including AC/DC.

Subbuteo

O

Owl (actually lots of them but I'm avoiding S.

L

Quote: john tregorran @ 23rd November 2019, 9:01 PM

That's an interesting list.The NME has probably named most of them as "The Next Big Thing" at one time or another.Quite a lot of Scots including AC/DC.

Subbuteo

O

My aim was only to include Scottish musicians so it should be 100% of them rather than quite a lot.

Quote: Briosaid @ 23rd November 2019, 9:13 PM

Owl (actually lots of them but I'm avoiding S.

L

Whenever I hear the word owl I think of the great Marty Feldman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifcMCS0IX58

Loft ladder.

R.

Radar Beacon

N

Notes on Balzac.
C

Christmas tree.

E.

Egg cups of stainless steel.
L

Quote: Briosaid @ 24th November 2019, 10:17 PM

Egg cups of stainless steel.

L

Bring me my egg cups of stainless steel
Bring me my teapot of desire
Bring me my jam, napkins unfold!
Bring me my toast rack made of wire.

Meanwhile, going with L: lengths of floorboard.

D.

Dust. Definitely dust.

T

Tapes. Audio cassettes, VHS, VHS-C and one DAT.

The attic at my parents house was a scary place when I was a child it gave me nightmares. There was no ladder to climb in to it and I don't like heights so the process of climbing up through the ceiling hatch using the boiler and towel rack was only possible with a lot of upper body strength. Climbing down was equally as difficult so going in to the attic was a big deal and there were no boards down so moving around was like a Crystal Maze challenge. Eventually some old wardrobe doors were used to create more storage and something to walk on and a few years ago the folks had a pull down ladder installed so now it's a lot more straight forward going up there. The coldness and musty smell up there still reminds me of childhood. I was up there a few weeks ago and found a bunch of old school stuff. The first essay I wrote in my History GCSE book has this response from my teacher who I'm facebook pals with. I got on with him but to call him no nonsense would be an understatement.

"Pathetic and unfinished. Fail" :D I'm going to take a screenshot to send to him.