What are you watching on TV? Page 2,171

DiCaprio with a little girl in a saloon scene!, and after that rewarding words from her that boosted actor's undermined moral - was a peak there.

Master Quentin Tarantino, yes;

And master DiCaprio.
Reality is much more complicated than fiction and complicated people are even harder to present, there were many implicit levels involved to show us this special Hollywood actor's WORK reality.

That was essayed by masters to show us how it could be done. Humor and twisting the truth were as crutches for that end.

I'm now watching The Crown (again) on Netflix.

It's the episode in which Prince Charles is invested as Prince of Wales in 1969.

I have absolutely no doubt millions of people all over the world are going to take a much more sympathetic view of Charles after watching this episode.

If his portrayal here is even remotely accurate, he's led a tragically unhappy life and deserves every bit of happiness he's ever found since meeting Camilla, two years later in 1971.

Charles is the one royal I wouldn't mind having a chat with.He seems to have a sense of humour(a big Goon fan) and I agree with some of his views on the environment and architecture.

But he ruined a young girl's life. I was never a Diana fan but she didn't deserve to be used as a brood mare by the Royal Family and then cast aside. I have no doubt that had Charles been a decent, loyal husband, she'd never have been in that Paris accident. Royals lack morals.

Not only royals.

Quote: Briosaid @ 21st November 2019, 11:49 PM

But he ruined a young girl's life. I was never a Diana fan but she didn't deserve to be used as a brood mare by the Royal Family and then cast aside. I have no doubt that had Charles been a decent, loyal husband, she'd never have been in that Paris accident. Royals lack morals.

I agree Diana's treatment was deplorable by the standards of "normal" people like us.

What is also true is that the royals are not normal people: the job comes before everything else in life and they needed a particular type of girl in order to maintain an appropriate line of succession. As you say, she was treated very much like a broodmare.

I think it's also true that Charles - uniquely among his siblings - grew up in a world not totally without love but certainly without very much of it.

Philip absolutely adored Anne (she's the son he's never had), while Andrew was Elizabeth's favourite.

Charles, I think, came a very distant fourth of four in the love and affection stakes.

As a result, he's a damaged soul and probably quite a messed-up human being.

I just think as a result of The Crown, a lot of people who were totally against him might now be willing to cut him a bit of slack.

So they are not Philip's sons? That's mildly interesting.:)

Quote: john tregorran @ 22nd November 2019, 12:33 AM

So they are not Philip's sons? That's mildly interesting.:)

Thank you, Mr Literal! Laughing out loud

:)

Question Time. At the moment I hear gibbering bastarding Boris jabbering as he always does. His parents really were conned of the money they spent on his fancy education. He should be hung from a lamp post.

Bastarding Boris should be booed off the stage. The audience is too kind. He deserves death.

If he thought it would further his political career I'm sure he would consider it.

Quote: john tregorran @ 23rd November 2019, 12:08 AM

If he thought it would further his political career I'm sure he would consider it.

Lol :)

The Shawshank Redemption. Just started watching it. We've probably seen it 3 times before but it's brilliant.

Quote: Briosaid @ 23rd November 2019, 9:48 PM

The Shawshank Redemption. Just started watching it. We've probably seen it 3 times before but it's brilliant.

Outstanding flick and one I can watch over and over and still enjoy it.

Bellator MMA has just started on Channel 5 and the main card is Michael Venom Page (MVP) Excuse the language but he is fupping ruthless.

I'm watching The Graham Norton Show - and it's great!

Kylie Minogue: I'm not a fan of her music but, as a person, she's obviously a good sort.

Elizabeth Banks: an actress I've never heard of but who, as a person, is certainly game for a laugh.

Ricky Gervais: one of the most talented comedians ever.

Lewis Hamilton: six times Formula One world champion.

The fact that Ricky is very entertaining is no surprise to me but the others are also very entertaining (which did come as something of a surprise). Laughing out loud