BREXIT Page 16

Quote: Briosaid @ 2nd November 2019, 9:43 PM

That's not what I said. The point is, please do correct me if I'm wrong, you do not know the people who've commited suicide. You do not know those who've been scammed. You've read it in the media, and it's the job of the media to report these things which doesn't mean 50% of people have commited suicide, or 50% of people have been scammed.

Who said anything about 50%?

I think it very peculiar that people are posting here complaining about the internet.
Shouldn't they be dipping their pen in the inkwell and dashing off a stiff parchment to fleet street.

Quote: john tregorran @ 2nd November 2019, 9:49 PM

I think it very peculiar that people are posting here complaining about the internet.
Shouldn't they be dipping their pen in the inkwell and dashing off a stiff parchment to fleet street.

Exactly.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 2nd November 2019, 9:49 PM

Who said anything about 50%?

Prevarication..

Quote: Briosaid @ 2nd November 2019, 9:57 PM

Prevarication..

?

I give up trying to have an intelligent debate.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 2nd November 2019, 10:07 PM

?

I give up trying to have an intelligent debate.

Like a truly Daily Mail addict. Haven't seen any evidence of your so-called debate.- just a lot of nonsense , no doubt learned down the pub. Ýou shoukd indeed give up - You're incapable.

Nigel Farage was out and about in public today when somebody asked him why we can't have a second referendum.

Nigel replied that we have to honour the first one before we can have a second.

That makes sense, actually.

Only the other day, I was at Manchester Piccadilly station and bought a ticket to London.

Before I reached the platform, I realised I'd been given a ticket to Inverness.

Needless to say, I went to Inverness and came straight back, and then proceeded to London.

It's good to know Nigel and I are on the same wavelength.

It seems Hillary Clinton, quoted in The Guardian, shares my view about the adverse effect of the internet on society:

In conversation with the former Australian prime minister, Julia Gillard, Clinton expressed deep concerns about the misuse of technology and its impact on politics.

"When I heard about all these people, particularly the women, who weren't going to run again [as MPs], and they attributed it to the threats they are going to face, that is not only a threat to individuals, that is a threat to democracies," she said.
"If people are intimidated out of running for office in a democracy because of these hatemongers on the left or the right ... that is the path [to] authoritarianism, that is the path [to] fascism."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/hillary-clinton-warns-of-path-to-fascism-after-mps-stand-down/ar-BBWHTtL?ocid=spartandhp

Of course if I'd known that the Guardian & Hillary Clinton were expressing the same views as myself. I might have been too embarrassed to raise the subject in the first place.

Billy the internet is here and I can say without hyperbole that if it was taken away you would see rioting on a scale unheard of from the young to the old.
Like it or loathe it is as important to civilization as the 'Enlightenment' and any attempt to thwart it would be the act of a Luddite.
How it is being used is a different matter, but my point is that if you accept it you can get on and express your points on it rather that be Canute like about its existence.

Election Monitor - Volume 1:

The manner in which both Swinson and Farage donned boxing gloves was somewhat stomach turning. Clearly both are just looking for a punch up rather than any sort of compromise. Not one but two disgraced Tories have stood down so that their wives can stand in their place. I had hoped that the Cons had moved on from the position where hubby talks through his wife and works her like a puppet but regrettably not. Corbyn has ditched his glasses for vanity purposes and contrary to what was said the scarf he was wearing wasn't tartan. It was a rainbow under which the crock of gold is to be replaced by a note in 2021 saying "McDonnell spaffed it - PM Patel, you are the new Maggie, the best of British luck". The "O" that Sturgeon stuck her head inside if it wasn't a testament to the female orgasm just proved that she hasn't the guts to poke herself through a fairground cartoon cow. The sort at which people on stag and hen dos chuck recently yellowed undergarments and a soapy sponge. And, hey, Hoeys' voting DUP. A big ta-ta then to all her LGBT voters in Vauxhall.

Donny. See that. That's what happens when you walk the walk and bother to risk living in the North for a few years.as I did Donny. Darlo. I'm street in all of the vernacular. The quaintly named Fishlake where an ark will appear any time soon upon the floods is in what constituency? You don't know, do you? It's Ed Miliband's. I know he has been there briefly but, my God, is he operating in the dark so as not to attract the attention of the national media. Their council is Labourite too.

Life was already full of too many questions. How come all the ecology books I bought in the early 1980s by people like Jonathon Porritt were full of dire warnings about the imminent ice age and the oil running out in 50 years when all of a sudden it is unlimited oil for all for ever more and the fear of global warming? What ever happened to Lib Dem Mark Oaten? Did he follow the path of the photo in his campaign leaflets and stay with his spouse or pursue his alternative career of three-in-a bed romps with rent boys? If it was the latter was he a trailblazer for Keith Vaz or even some Blunt?

Yet now there are so many more. Just how many identities does "I change what I say every hour" Jon Ashworth have when it comes to the NHS and aren't all GPs on a one day a week millionaire salary anyway? Whatever happened to Tommy Robinson? Is there a news blackout or has he gone back to being Mr double-barrelled Yaxley-Lennon? What of Respect and George Galloway? Has gorgeous George gone shy or been stifled by MI5 and the FBI? And is Nigel saying that he is not going to vote when he says that he won't vote Tory? After all, he lives in a Tory constituency where TBP won't be standing. He is fast becoming a beatnik. Our troops did not fight for the right to vote so that the likes of him can wear loon pants. Oh, and was the Wera Hobhouse interview with Iain Dale the worst performance ever by a politician? No - but it is easily in the Top 10. As far as I know, she is that German rarity who isn't related to Bismarck which is presumably why she stands in a superior country. Obviously every other candidate has stood aside for her in the "No Election" Alliance.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/iain-dale/clash-lib-dem-candidate-uk-flooding-response/

It seems Hillary Clinton, quoted in The Guardian, shares my view about the adverse effect of the internet on society:

In conversation with the former Australian prime minister, Julia Gillard, Clinton expressed deep concerns about the misuse of technology and its impact on politics.

They probably said the same sort of thing when the phone was invented and when mobile phones (cell phones for you USA persons) became prevalent.

The Internet Genie is out of the box and won't be stuffed back in..

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 13th November 2019, 10:27 PM

the adverse effect of the internet on society:

If the Internet were to be discontinued, my life would become very expensive - and that expense would be accompanied by considerable embarrassment because, whenever I go to my local newsagents, there's always a woman on the till! :(

Election Monitor - Volume 2:

I have been on the election trail in the Twickenham constituency which is now the retirement home of Sir Vince Cable. In what was for him a no holds barred opportunity to set the Lib Dem record straight, he and I chatted over a mutual bowl of muesli. Here is that interview in full:

H: So any regrets that you will not be back in Parliament, Sir Vince?
VC: None at all. There was so much more in what remains of my life that I was desperate to do.
H: Sure. Like what?
VC: Well see that rather fetching doily below the bowl as it is gently tipped. I made it.
H: Wow. I'm impressed. Can we discuss the draft manifesto I have managed to obtain.
VC: Yes although I would prefer to talk about my other endeavours. I do breed geese now too, you know.
H: "F**k Off Wankers - It's Time For a Kinder Britain". Is it really an appropriate title from a serious political party?
VC: I don't have a problem with it. I was the one who came up with it. It's both serious and just a bit of harmless fun.
H: I see. Ha ha. It starts with the section "Sod Money". You aim to print 25 trillion extra pounds for services.
VC: Well, yes, that's right. It's a radical package designed to address austerity.
H: Which started when you were in Coalition.
VC: You are confused. I wasn't in the Coalition. I was a judge on Strictly Come Dancing. Have a few more sultanas.
H: Cheers. Can we then turn to some of the services involved. Free brothel permits for all working class men over 75.
VC: Yes.
H Is this really a priority?
VC: They are the bulk of people who voted leave. It's a reasonable distraction to ensure national security.
H: But surely they are not in need of free marijuana?
VC: Eh?
H: The section "Bugger Medical Cannabis - Let's Just Dope Up The Nation".
VC: Oh yes. That isn't designed exclusively for them. It was a deal I struck with the Greens and Plaid Cymru.
H: A goose has just walked in.
VC: That's my guard goose.
H: Pardon me?
VC: She guards my mansion. It's a pilot scheme. If she is successful, we think she can replace Trident.
H: Isn't this more the stuff of Mr Corbyn's Labour Party?
VC: It's far more ambitious. They are ending student loans. We will pay them a million pounds each year to study.
H: Oh - the famous Lib Dem support to students. Will it be believed?
VC: I don't see why not. Look at all the lies Boris has told since he messed up the tango and fell in the American smooth.
H: Are you sure it isn't you who is confused?
VC: I don't know. As far as I am aware you're Vince Cable so you tell me.
H: Thank you very much - most enlightening.

That's not bad actually, Horse! Laughing out loud

It's definitely got something.

Ta awfully.

It was based on the BCG interviews and I hope that I have done them justice. But "it has got something" sums up my life. Many have accepted it from time to time - but none of us has ever had a bleeding clue what the thing is unfortunately.