The End Of The F***ing World

This is great. Hadn't seen the first series. Started watching the second one yesterday. Have watched the first three eps of the new series, and now gone back to watch the opening episode of the first series on catch-up.

Got a Fargo (TV series) vibe. Fun (but dark) script, lovely performances, visually interesting, fantastic use of music (especially in the second series). Prefer it to both Fleabag and Killing Eve.

Not sure if I'd call it a comedy, but you're right, the first series was superb.

I've not seen the 2nd series but I concur, the first was excellent.

I've missed it too so I thought I couldn't watch the second series. Does it make sense without series 1?

Probably not Chappers.
The first is about a 16 year old boy who is sure he is a psychopath and wants to kill someone.
He runs away from home with a girl he intends to kill.
The ending of the first series was left open but you need to see it to make sense of it.

Quote: Chappers @ 6th November 2019, 10:14 PM

I've missed it too so I thought I couldn't watch the second series. Does it make sense without series 1?

It made enough sense to me, but because I liked it so much and series one is available on All 4, I thought I might as well put series two on hold, and go back to the beginning. The second series looks slicker in terms of production values, while the first series has more of a low budget indie feel. And I'm enjoying watching the two leads give slightly more raw performances as they get to grips with their characters, and gain more experience as lead actors.

I was writing this as Stephen posted his response which carries more weight as he's seen the first series. The episodes are pretty short though - less than 25 mins - and they move at a good pace, so it's not that big a deal to go back.

Not going to watch it as I hate the name of it.

It's f**king outrageous.

I understand that this second series will be the last.

Enjoy it while you can: The End Of The F***ing World is coming to the end of the f***ing road. Laughing out loud

It was based on two kids coming of age, they are now of age.

Quote: Firkin @ 15th November 2019, 10:55 AM

It was based on two kids coming of age, they are now of age.

That makes sense. Laughing out loud

Surprised and delighted to see this on the final shortlist for The Comedy Awards. My Comedy Of The Year hands down!