What are you watching on TV? Page 2,168

Just watching Gideon's Way on TPTV. I remember watching it occasionally at the time (1965-6) but it still - to me - stands up as a good series. Brian Pringle playing a would-be murderer. I remember him well from amongst other things being a Pub Landlord in Auf Weidersehen Pet.

Quote: Chappers @ 5th November 2019, 9:26 PM

Just watching Gideon's Way on TPTV. I remember watching it occasionally at the time (1965-6) but it still - to me - stands up as a good series. Brian Pringle playing a would-be murderer. I remember him well from amongst other things being a Pub Landlord in Auf Weidersehen Pet.

One of those faces you can never forget and over the years has appeared in SO many TV programmes. Good actor.

Quote: Briosaid @ 4th November 2019, 8:17 PM

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

I loathe Madonna. When I'm driving I switch off the radio when she comes on.

I hate Madonna. The utmost in squalour masquerading as art. Give me a proper Razzle any day... No one agrees with me but when she did her 'Still sexy at 56' photoshoot it was all 'She's AWESOME, she's still gottit, an object lesson for new stunnas...' I thought it was the saddest thing I'd ever seen. An OAP who still wants to get wanked over. You could almost hear her frail weepy voice: 'Please wank to me... PLEASE, Sir... Look: I have two titties, just like Katy Perry: tell me they're not worth a drop. Tell me you can't eke out a dribble for ole Madge, Sir.' Feminist icon, eh?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th November 2019, 11:22 PM

One of those faces you can never forget and over the years has appeared in SO many TV programmes. Good actor.

I recently watched in an episode of last of the summer wine he was a very good actor I remember watching him as an old soldier with depression or ptsd but can't remember the name of the program

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th November 2019, 11:22 PM

I recently watched in an episode of last of the summer wine he was a very good actor I remember watching him as an old soldier with depression or ptsd but can't remember the name of the program

I'm watching Live at the Apollo.

The host is Tom Allen who, for me, is the ultimate Marmite comedian.

I don't mean I think he's loved and loathed in equal measure: I mean I enjoy him in very small quantities.

Also on the bill was Rosie Jones who has overcome a number of difficulties to become an admirable stand-up act: she's much funnier than a number of other comedians I could name.

Notice I didn't say "women comedians".

And I wasn't thinking it either! Angelic

I don't know who writes her material (might be her, might be somebody else) but it's pretty decent stuff.

Still with Rosie Jones, I'm now watching The Apprentice - You're Fired! and guess who's popped up again?

Yes, it's Rosie Jones!

When doing stand-up, she's quick to tell audiences that the BBC absolutely adore her because she's gay and disabled.

Refreshingly honest but, in fairness, she's also quite funny. Laughing out loud

I'm now watching Channel 5's new show, Bouncers, which is all about nightclub bouncers, security men, private police forces and other heavies.

The executive producer is Katie Bailiff.

You couldn't make it up!

Well, you could actually - but I didn't: it's true. Laughing out loud

The Human Jungle on TPTV. Warren Mitchell and Melvyn Hayes as a couple of burglars.

Question Time from Glasgow. I think the idiot Tory woman doesn't seem to realise she's actually in Scotland which she allegedly represents. Keeps going on about delivering Brexit as if that will endear her to the majority of the audience.

Quote: Briosaid @ 7th November 2019, 11:02 PM

Question Time from Glasgow.

Yes, I watched that, having heard that Ian Anderson was going to be on it:

Fiona Bruce presents an hour of topical debate from Glasgow. Panellists include Conservative Kirstene Hair, shadow international trade secretary Barry Gardiner, Scottish government justice secretary Humza Yousaf, journalist and broadcaster Angela Haggerty, and businessman Iain Anderson.

I was waiting for someone to appear wearing a greatcoat and playing a flute but he never materialised.

I'm watching Frankie Boyle's Rehabilitation Programme from 2011.

Frankie has expressed a wish to see the England football team killed in a plane crash, he's expressed a wish to see Jeremy Clarkson die in a blazing building while a brain-damaged Richard Hammond watches. Frankie and Jack Whitehall have just expressed support for the testing of cigarettes and make-up on animals and Frankie has so far used the N-word four times.

And we're only eight minutes in!

Times have certainly changed. Laughing out loud

Been watching a few old itv sitcoms

The wackers, citizen James and Sykes

Well that's an hour n a half of my life I'll never get back

Shudder

Quote: lofthouse @ 10th November 2019, 8:20 PM

Been watching a few old itv sitcoms

The wackers, citizen James and Sykes

Well that's an hour n a half of my life I'll never get back

Shudder

Will you ever get any of it back? Is it only that last one and a half hours that you won't?

Das Supertalent (Germany's Got Talent).

You won't believe this until you see it!

I'm watching the Graham Norton Show (8th November 2019) featuring Olivia Colman, Helena Bonham Carter, Chadwick Boseman, Richard Ayoade and Lady Anne Glenconner.

All the guests were entertaining - not least Richard Ayoade who has a remarkably original and exceptionally funny turn of phrase the like of which one rarely encounters.

However, the most surprisingly entertaining guest on that show (or indeed any other I've ever seen) was Lady Anne Glenconner who was a lady in waiting to Princess Margaret and who, in her own right, has led a life of almost unparalleled privilege.

She's an absolute hoot and her anecdotes about her childhood and her marriage are as (pleasantly) shocking and as entertaining as any I've ever heard!

Any BCG member who didn't see the show would be well advised to check it out. Laughing out loud