English History for the English (quick cartoon)

Hello All

Haven't posted much in a while.

Anyway, here's something I made recently (Reuploaded to change a few things): https://youtu.be/t8lpDlbwOl4 .

Writing, animation, voice-acting and music by me (I get all the blame).

Yacob

That might be exactly what happened.

Or it might not.

Clearly, I wasn't there at the time and so I don't know. Laughing out loud

Hi Yacob,

I think the African caricature might not be to everyone's taste.
It might help if it was called 'English history by the English'

Anyway, well made as always, i wish i had your talent.

Thanks for watching, Rood Eye and playfull!

I like your suggestion , playfull. I think people will guess that the target of the cartoon is English exceptionalism rather than Africans, but yes, I should be cautious and don't actually mean to cause offence. I'll change "for" to "by" (though it will take me hours because of the way the cartoon was put together. ARRRRRRRGH!).

And if you want my talent just slam your head into something hard a few times. :)

Hi Yacob,

It's a great cartoon, but I'd agree with playful some may take offence with the African character, especially the voice. The rest is excellent, love the posh guy, love the other voice overs.

Quote: Firkin @ 10th November 2019, 2:03 PM

Hi Yacob,

It's a great cartoon, but I'd agree with playful some may take offence with the African character, especially the voice. The rest is excellent, love the posh guy, love the other voice overs.

Ditto re the voices and am very impressed at the quality. What software are you using, if I may ask?

Thanks Firkin and Hercules!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 10th November 2019, 2:12 PM

What software are you using, if I may ask?

HOW DARE YOU ASK ME!!!!!! :)

Drawing done on Photoshop. Put the frames together on Adobe Animate (well, Flash in my case). Recording done of Adobe Audition (again, Cool Edit, in my case). Music made with Sibelius and Vienna Sound Library.

Quote: Yacob Wingnut @ 10th November 2019, 6:33 PM

Drawing done on Photoshop. Put the frames together on Adobe Animate (well, Flash in my case). Recording done of Adobe Audition (again, Cool Edit, in my case). Music made with Sibelius and Vienna Sound Library.

Thank you for that :) , BUT is this correct? And I quote..........................

"People also ask

How much does adobe animate cost?

Cost. Finally let's look at what it will cost to actually get the software. The only way to buy Animate is through a subscription to Adobe's Creative Cloud. It starts at $19.99/month if you buy an annual subscription or $29.99/month to buy one month at a time.

15 Feb 2017"

I've changed things a little in the cartoon and reuploaded it (see opening post to watch). The "from" in the title is now a "by" and I've added a "Written by" credit to the host to make it clearer that what proceeds is his own ridiculous interpretation of the past. I know these are minor changes but hopefully they make the cartoon a little less offensive.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 11th November 2019, 12:39 AM

"People also ask

How much does adobe animate cost?

Cost. Finally let's look at what it will cost to actually get the software. The only way to buy Animate is through a subscription to Adobe's Creative Cloud. It starts at $19.99/month if you buy an annual subscription or $29.99/month to buy one month at a time.

15 Feb 2017"

Yeah, Flash/Animate are stupidly expensive. I'm lucky in that I have my old copy of Flash from approximately fifteen years ago, back in the days when you could get it on CD. To be clear: none of the drawing in my cartoon was done on Flash, it was done in Photoshop (which, I believe, costs the same amount). I only used Flash to layer the frames together (add foregrounds to backgrounds) and export the frames as video files.

I think you can get a free demo of Flash/Animate for a week or so. Might be worth having a quick play-around on it.

And you'll probably need a drawing tablet, if you don't have one already.

Quote: Yacob Wingnut @ 11th November 2019, 11:17 AM

Yeah, Flash/Animate are stupidly expensive. I'm lucky in that I have my old copy of Flash from approximately fifteen years ago, back in the days when you could get it on CD. To be clear: none of the drawing in my cartoon was done on Flash, it was done in Photoshop (which, I believe, costs the same amount). I only used Flash to layer the frames together (add foregrounds to backgrounds) and export the frames as video files.

I think you can get a free demo of Flash/Animate for a week or so. Might be worth having a quick play-around on it.

And you'll probably need a drawing tablet, if you don't have one already.

Thank you for all that. :) I did an online animation course (LVS) some years ago and used Paint Shop Pro (which I'd also done courses on) and got quite good at it, even though I say so myself. Whistling nnocently

Yes, I did look at a drawing tablet, but found I could do quite good basic drawings using my mouse! I'll have to get back to it as I have had a couple of ideas rattling around in my head for some time now.

New link: https://youtu.be/nwOsuOFodXI .

Would change the link at the top but it won't let me edit the post.