The Last Leg with Adam Hills Page 3

There was more than enough to keep me smiling. Also it is meant to be a look at the news and the news has been grim for a long time so I suppose they can only work with the material they are given.

Saying that I enjoy it.

I saw Adam Hills live years ago and he was very good.

Quote: AndyGilder @ 10th September 2015, 5:35 PM BST

I've found this series to be too much socio-political ranting, and not enough trying to be funny. It doesn't seem to know what it wants to be as a show any more.

It was a bit of a "sideways look at the news" type thing, but it's almost as if it's trying to keep up with the Jon Stewart/John Oliver "angry man" style of satire and I'm not sure that works for a British audience.

The guests feel like a bit of an unnecessary add-on at times, particularly when it's clear they're only on to plug something or other they have to sell.

Yes it's a bit leftie soppy
But it tries to be funny in an acceptably decent way
Which isn't always that funny but is a good start

I got into this recently as they're a random 3-some, but the dynamic between them really works.

Ed Miliband seemed like rather an odd guest, but I felt sorry for him since that bacon sandwich which shouldn't have been a thing as nobody looks cool eating with their hands, so I was looking forward to what he would talk about.

This is a bit random as not sure what it's really for, but it seems he's forcing a change of image: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ed-miliband-aha-take-me-10185720

I had a tweet read out by Adam in last weeks episode

Should this show not be called The Last Left?

Is this show purposely a left-leaning show, or is it just part of the norm for most entertainment programes now?
Vomit inducing stuff most of the time, but mildly amusing during other parts. I love to hate this show, but can be a guilty pleasure.

Nish Kumar was a guest on last night's show. The voice alone is enough to make me want to throw my TV across the room, let alone his poor attempt at political satire.

Why can't light entertainment shows have the balls to have Jim Davidson, Lee Hurst and Geoff Norcott on?

I dare them to!

I gave up watching The Last Leg a long time ago.

There were certainly some funny moments in each show but - by God! - those guys love virtue-signalling!

(Looks for the vomit emoji)

I would love for them to spend the entire show, giving Jo Swinson and the Lib Undems some shit throughout an episode for once. Chuck-in some stick to Caroline Flack, Nicola Sturgeon and that fat Scottish gammon faced dick who always has plenty to say.

Please! Just for once Adam Hills and producers.

Quote: Tommy Griff @ 9th November 2019, 1:01 PM

Why can't light entertainment shows have the balls to have Jim Davidson, Lee Hurst and Geoff Norcott on?

I dare them to!

Geoff Norcott is literally on every episode of The Mash Report. As for Davidson, just no. Not because of his politics, but maybe because he's a sexist racist misogynist?

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 9th November 2019, 3:09 PM

As for Davidson, just no. Not because of his politics, but maybe because he's a sexist racist misogynist?

Some years ago, Jim proposed to my daughter.

"That's not happening," I said. "I refuse to have a sexist racist misogynist like him in the family!"

"You disapprove of those traits?" she asked.

"It's not that," I replied. "I don't want the competition!" Laughing out loud

Be that as it may, however, I'd love to see Jim on The Last Leg.

Geoff Norcott is literally on every episode of The Mash Report. As for Davidson, just no. Not because of his politics, but maybe because he's a sexist racist misogynist?

Three buzz words at the end there! bang, bang, bang!

He's an offensive comedian. Comedians can be offensive. It's not (yet) illegal to be offensive as a comedian. Apart from Count Dankula's charge occured for his joke.

Norcott is the only - and I mean, the only right leaning guest on that show. Hardly a fair balance.

Also - if The Left Leg, sorry, Last Leg, is so unaffraid of comedy, they'd relish having a Davidson type on there, to mock him.

I agree that Davidson is sexist and definitely pushes the boundaries (not compared to the 70's Jim Davidson, but I think they should still go on these shows. His comedy is offensive and people are allowed to find it funny. Does not mean they condone it.

Look at some of the things Gervais comes out with.

You can argue Davidson as a person are all those buzz words you used, but I bet he isn't a bad person day-to-day. I know he gets around with non-white people for starters. He can't be that out and out racist.

Quote: Tommy Griff @ 9th November 2019, 5:33 PM

You can argue Davidson as a person are all those buzz words you used, but I bet he isn't a bad person day-to-day. I know he gets around with non-white people for starters. He can't be that out and out racist.

Fully agree. People jump on the band wagon with Jim Davidson just because they've heard somebody accuse him of these things, usually by of course left wing comedians who then later flirt with the same material in the name of irony - and I have seen Davidson demolish these people on chat shows, for example the up his own arse Richard Bacon :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTPNsvABGFk

The problem is right wing people tend not to be very funny. If there were,. there would be lots of funny right wingers on the circuit. There aren't: hence why some people are scraping the barrel here by advocating unpleasant has-beens like Jim Davidson be put on more.
Geoff Northcott is a rare exception.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 22nd January 2020, 6:24 AM

The problem is right wing people tend not to be very funny. If there were,. there would be lots of funny right wingers on the circuit. There aren't: hence why some people are scraping the barrel here by advocating unpleasant has-beens like Jim Davidson be put on more.
Geoff Northcott is a rare exception.

The trouble is the right on wokes would never give them any time.

Yes! Bastards! With their social consciences and basic decency. Damn them all!