Sitcom Christmas Specials Page 4

Quote: snrub @ 18th December 2014, 2:23 PM GMT

Hope they use Mark's dad again in the final series.

It's all over!

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 20th December 2015, 11:19 PM GMT

It's all over!

But it wasn't when that post was written, a year ago.

Didn't realise it was from last year. No sign of Mark's Dad. :(

I *love* Blackadder's Christmas Carol - especially this clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSgazGR-yp4

Quote: T.W. @ 5th December 2011, 6:23 PM GMT

I remember finding Blackadder's Christmas Carol hilarious when it was first broadcast... The days when the Beeb put a lot more money into getting Christmas right.

It was truly great.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 20th December 2015, 7:15 PM GMT

Father Ted, when they got lost in the department store - the lingerie skit was sooooooo funny. Laughing out loud I think it is on over this coming period.

As was Mrs Doyle's tea machine:

Salesman: "It takes away the misery of making tea.
Mrs D: I like the misery."

And when the milkman wanted to put his big tool in her box - Ted's face at the suggestion and her coming over all unnecessary, and the OTT make-up she had plastered on. Laughing out loud

Then at the very end you see Dougal stare into space and say "She was in the nip" when it suddenly dawned on him about the lady customer who came to the door completely naked when he took over the milk-round. Brilliant.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st December 2015, 4:46 PM GMT

And when the milkman wanted to put his big tool in her box - Ted's face at the suggestion and her coming over all unnecessary, and the OTT make-up she had plastered on. Laughing out loud

Then at the very end you see Dougal stare into space and say "She was in the nip" when it suddenly dawned on him about the lady customer who came to the door completely naked when he took over the milk-round. Brilliant.

...I agree, but the episode that you're describing is 'Speed 3' from S3 of FT.

I liked the fact that Dougal couldn't even have a toy milk float near his bed at night after what happened!

"And when the milkman wanted to put his big tool in her box - Ted's face at the suggestion and her coming over all unnecessary, and the OTT make-up she had plastered on. Laughing out loud

Then at the very end you see Dougal stare into space and say "She was in the nip" when it suddenly dawned on him about the lady customer who came to the door completely naked when he took over the milk-round. Brilliant."

I think that was one of my favourite episodes :D

Quote: alan1967 @ 21st December 2015, 5:09 PM GMT

"And when the milkman wanted to put his big tool in her box - Ted's face at the suggestion and her coming over all unnecessary, and the OTT make-up she had plastered on. Laughing out loud

Then at the very end you see Dougal stare into space and say "She was in the nip" when it suddenly dawned on him about the lady customer who came to the door completely naked when he took over the milk-round. Brilliant."

I think that was one of my favourite episodes :D

It is a good one. Ditto the 'brick' element which is initially a pet of Father Jack's and then an integral part of the plot ....

I love the fact no one has posted for 4 years, so here goes.

Gavin and Stacey is one of my favourite episodes, gets me in the Xmas spirit. OFAH, excellent, Rising Damp good, so many others. MASH does an incredible one, had me crying and laughing within minutes (the one where they try and keep a patient alive, so he doesn't die on Xmas Day and they don't want his family to be forever reminded of it.

An episode not mentioned here, which is surprising as it's a classic is the Good Life, when Margot sends back her complete supply of everything needed for a successful Xmas because the Xmas tree is 6 inches too short and of course it's too late to have it redelivered....so Margot and Gerry spend Xmas with Tom and Barbara, funny and really lovely.

I'd like to wish all of you a great Xmas......

Quote: Geoffrey Taylor @ 9th November 2019, 1:21 PM

I love the fact no one has posted for 4 years, so here goes.

Gavin and Stacey is one of my favourite episodes, gets me in the Xmas spirit. OFAH, excellent, Rising Damp good, so many others. MASH does an incredible one, had me crying and laughing within minutes (the one where they try and keep a patient alive, so he doesn't die on Xmas Day and they don't want his family to be forever reminded of it.

An episode not mentioned here, which is surprising as it's a classic is the Good Life, when Margot sends back her complete supply of everything needed for a successful Xmas because the Xmas tree is 6 inches too short and of course it's too late to have it redelivered....so Margot and Gerry spend Xmas with Tom and Barbara, funny and really lovely.

I'd like to wish all of you a great Xmas......

I did create a Thread similar to yours a couple of years ago: https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/34103/

For me, my go-to Christmas sitcom episodes I watch without fail, year-on-year at Christmas:

Merry Christmas Mr. Bean / Happy New Year
Mrs. Brown's Boys - Any of the Christmas specials (don't actually like the series usually)
Vicar of Dibley - Christmas Lunch Incident & Winter
The Office - Specials 1&2
Extras - Xmas special
Father Ted - Christmassy Ted
Men Behaving Badly - Jingle Balls
2.4 Children - Any of the many Xmas specials but special mention to 'Misery' episode
My Family - Sixty Feet Under & Ding Dong Merrily
Not Going Out - Christmas Shopping
The Simpsons - Roasting on an Open Fire / Miracle on Everygreen Terrace
Family Guy - Freakin' Christmas / Road to the Northpole
Only Fools - Mother Nature's Son & Fatal Extraction
Blackadder - Blackadder's Christmas Carol
Porridge - No Way Out & The film
Till Death us do Part - Jesus Christ Superstar
One Foot in the Grave - Starbound / Wisdom of the Witch & End Game
Gavin & Stacey - 2008 Xmas special
Peep Show - Seasonal Beatings
Birds of a Feather - Sailing
Bottom - Holy
Last of the Summer Wine - Barry's Christmas - a few other classics too

For me, the ones I watch ever year are Bottom - Holy, dinnerladies 'Christmas', Steptoe and Son, Gavin and Stacey (can't wait for the new episode!), Mr Bean and of course The Vicar of Dibley.

Dinnerladies, love that...seen every episode many times. Xmas episode is great, especially when the brass band comes in at the end....

Bottom - Holy is one I've not seen for many years so am going to dig out the DVD. So many funny moments in that.

Eddie: Awww not sprouts. Why do we have to have sprouts?

Richie: BECAUSE IT'S CHRISTMAS!

The Vicar Of Dibley
Father Ted
Blackadder
Friends
Fresh Prince Of Bell Air
The Simpsons
Only Fools And Horses

All have Christmas specials worth watching year after year because the don't lose the humour.

Cut and paste of my old post back on page 1 of the thread:

Only Fools and Horses 'Christmas Crackers' and 'Thicker Than Water' are fantastic, though most of their 80s episodes were good, IMO.
Royle Family - 1999 ('Baby' David would be 20 this year!) and 2000, but enjoyed 2010's too, Joe's Crackers
The Office - especially the second one
Gavin And Stacey (Genuinely looking forward to this year's one!)
Father Ted - A Christmassy Ted
Vicar of Dibley: Christmas Lunches + Nativity
Blackadder's Christmas Caro
Men Behaving Badly
Dad's Army
Porridge

And adding some I shockingly left off, plus some that have been on since that reply in 2011...

The 'Sorry I Forgot You!' list:

Bottom - Holy
Dinnerladies
The Good Life
Steptoe and Son
League of Gentlemen
Peep Show
Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em
Keeping Up Appearances - Father Christmas Suit
One Foot in the Grave - Man Who Blew Away and The Wisdom of the Witch
My Family - the one with all the Christmas trees in the living room

Recent ones since 2011:

Inside No 9? Not actually a sitcom I know, but the special was excellent.
Not Going Out - 2013 special with the house
Detectorists
Hebburn
Him & Her
Friday Night Dinner
Outnumbered - the one where they had the party, Jane was ill, and Mark Heap's wife was cheating on him with the Russian woman