I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,119

Quote: Rood Eye @ 7th November 2019, 8:33 AM

I see your point Kenneth and I have considerable sympathy for the feelings of those Muslim men and, indeed, their wives and daughters. It's likely that all of them would feel very uncomfortable if such an examination were the only one the NHS were prepared to offer them.

I suppose Matt Hancock would say to them what he'd say to a patient (or a relative of a patient) who felt that an examination by a doctor of a different race to their own would feel very uncomfortable.

He'd point out that there is no logical or medical reason why the proposed examination should not take place and that the NHS is unwilling to cater to patients' individual prejudices.

Jenkins, I asked what you would say. I'm not interested in what you suppose Hancock's thoughts might be. A bit less of your verbal chicanery, please.

Quote: Kenneth @ 7th November 2019, 4:13 PM

Jenkins, I asked what you would say. I'm not interested in what you suppose Hancock's thoughts might be. A bit less of your verbal chicanery, please.

I thought I'd answered your question by making my own feelings clear in the first paragraph of my answer, before guessing what Matt Hancock might say.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 7th November 2019, 8:33 AM

I have considerable sympathy for the feelings of those Muslim men and, indeed, their wives and daughters.

Accordingly, I would, therefore, express those very feelings.

There aren't many left who's wick you don't get up

Little Archie (son of Harry and Meghan) is crawling and has two teeth!

What do you mean "That isn't news"?

It's in the papers! Laughing out loud

Did anyone notice the coded message in Corbyn's letter to Watson about my undercover political manoeuvres on behalf of the nation?

"I hope the horseradish plants I gave you thrive".

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7657973/Jeremy-Corbyns-lukewarm-farewell-letter-deputy-Tom-Watson-resignation.html

.........and to think that anyone ever doubted me. Wave

Why haven't you cancelled Brexit then, HR?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 7th November 2019, 8:07 PM

Why haven't you cancelled Brexit then, HR?

It isn't a linear action leads to outcome strategy. I just go into every political grouping under a variety of pseudonyms to form very dodgy relationships, thereby creating entirely unexpected, even chaotic, results. Why else do you think austerity and fracking have already been ditched? Be thankful for what you have been given so far - and enjoy the twists and turns.

:)

Poor Rood Eye! I'll say a wee word in his defence. He has definitely mellowed with the years. I remember when he was a force to be reckoned with - I was one of The Gang of the Banned on a message board he ran. I'm astounded at how mild he is these days.

Quote: Briosaid @ 7th November 2019, 10:21 PM

I'm astounded at how mild he is these days.

It's terrible, Brio: I've gone the same way as Frankie Boyle! Laughing out loud

Rood Eye would be less of a twat f he reacted to people who respond to his posts. Instead he doesn't respond and will edit the original post.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 8th November 2019, 1:31 AM

Rood Eye would be less of a twat f he reacted to people who respond to his posts. Instead he doesn't respond and will edit the original post.

You've noticed one of his many knob traits - the bell end we call him.

I hear Alison Hammond is to be given her own 60-minute chat show on ITV.

I can't say I'm surprised: after all, as reality TV show contestants go, Alison is certainly among the most pleasant to have made the transition to "normal" telly.

She's great as a roving reporter on morning TV and I've seen her conduct several short and entertaining interviews with celebrities.

In small doses, she gets a thumbs up from me but can she do 60 minutes? Time will tell.

Peter Kay, one of Britain's funniest-ever comedians, is still alive (as far as I know).

Why is this news?

Well, it'll certainly come as news to Twitter folk who have today been reading about his death in posts bearing the hashtag #RIPPeterKay.

Peter's death has been announced on two previous occasions in recent years.

Hopefully, today's announcement will prove equally inaccurate.

Many Hindu worshippers in the city of Maudaha in India have been praying to a disused public toilet for more than a year.

The building had been painted saffron - a colour with powerful sacred connections in the Hindu religion - and many locals had, accordingly, mistaken the building for a locked temple.

The toilet has now been repainted pink in order to avoid further confusion.

Talking of shitholes...