The sci-fi thread Page 5

Quote: Ben @ 1st March 2015, 9:09 PM GMT

I'd have been intrigued to see how the BBC handled dramatising the third Tripod's novel. Would have required a lot of special effects.

Even more so than were in the second series which was fairly impressive given the time and accompanying BBC budgets.

I read all the books as a kid but never saw the TV programmes.

The books are pretty damn amazing.

There's been rumours, for the last 5/6 years, that Disney are due to make a movie out of it.

Quote: Ben @ 14th January 2014, 10:24 PM

I started watching Survivors a couple of years ago and was rather captivated. First series was the best, second started going off the boil a bit and I never got round to watching the third. Still very good though with some nice, bleak moments.

Smap. First series is grim brilliance, second series it starts to wobble. I also liked the remake.

"Tripping the Rift" - sci-fi animation that is underrated IMO, there are many funny moments in it.
. Babylon 5 is my favorite, but patience is needed for first seasons.

Quote: rrr 969 @ 18th July 2019, 7:27 AM

. Babylon 5 is my favorite, but patience is needed for first seasons.

Agreed. I've just been watching season 3. Such an ambitious show.

It will go faster and eventually will be
an absolute marvel and at the light-speed.

At the end almost everybody cries (really, buckets).

If Star Trek TNG (Picard) is 10/10, then Babylon5 is 10+ in my books.

Talking of TNG, I'm very excited about the new series Picard. A great character played by a great actor. Hopefully the new show will do him justice.

The World in Peril
On 4Extra Now.
The first two series are on utube but not this one.

Oh boy, I've been re watching the last series of Quantum Leap again. It's terrifying to think that the future Sam Beckett was sent back from was 1999! Very enjoyable, and nice to see a young Jennifer Aniston in one episode. Lovey