Frankie Boyle Page 25

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 4th November 2019, 4:11 PM

incest, Princess Di's ghost, gay sex? All of these are on Boyle's show.

Jokes about the above topics are perfectly acceptable on TV - depending on the particular joke, who makes it and the time of day at which it is broadcast.

In fact, it's probably true to say that jokes on absolutely any topic are acceptable on TV, depending on the particular joke, who makes it and when it's broadcast.

As far as I recall, Frankie Boyle has never said anything on New World Order that has caused outrage among viewers.

As far as I recall, he's never said anything on New World Order that has outraged any of his ever-so-PC, ever-so-diverse guests on the programme.

A boomerang that never comes back isn't a boomerang.

A Frankie Boyle that never has the PC Brigade incandescent with rage isn't Frankie Boyle.

He's clearly offending anyone who hates diversity.
Bernard Manning. Katie Hopkins. Donald Trump. Oswald Mosely. Enoch Powell. Jim Davidson. They'd all hate it.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 4th November 2019, 4:11 PM

Anyone whose actually watched it will know it's not pc at all.

Thank goodness there is somebody!

Quote: Rood Eye @ 4th November 2019, 5:56 PM

As far as I recall, he's never said anything on New World Order that has outraged any of his ever-so-PC, ever-so-diverse guests on the programme.

Who are these terrible PC people? It's a blanket term that no longer means anything. Vast numbers of people are broadly PC now since they don't go around being derogatory about black people or minorities. It's becoming the default position. And although you won't answer since you're not a big fan of backing up your arguments with facts, who are these non-PC people you want as guests? Name names.

Quote: chipolata @ 5th November 2019, 6:44 AM

Who are these terrible PC people? It's a blanket term that no longer means anything. Vast numbers of people are broadly PC now since they don't go around being derogatory about black people or minorities. It's becoming the default position. And although you won't answer since you're not a big fan of backing up your arguments with facts, who are these non-PC people you want as guests? Name names.

I don't think I've ever expressed a wish for non-PC people as guests.

You will, I hope, therefore forgive me if I am unable to name people who don't exist.

My objection is not to PC people as you correctly define them above: it's to guests who appear to be goody-goodies as far as political correctness is concerned.

My objection is also that many of Frankie's guests appear to have been selected for no other reason than to show the world the sort of goody-goody PC company that Frankie likes to keep nowadays.

It's all a matter of definition: every living creature is intelligent but we tend only to use that adjective to describe people and things who exhibit relatively high levels of intelligence.

A similar situation exists with regard to political correctness: most people are PC but when I refer in a post to people being PC, I'm usually referring to those who advertise their political correctness.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 5th November 2019, 8:48 AM

My objection is not to PC people as you correctly define them above: it's to guests who appear to be goody-goodies as far as political correctness is concerned.

My objection is also that many of Frankie's guests appear to have been selected for no other reason than to show the world the sort of goody-goody PC company that Frankie likes to keep nowadays.

It's all a matter of definition: every living creature is intelligent but we tend only to use that adjective to describe people and things who exhibit relatively high levels of intelligence.

A similar situation exists with regard to political correctness: most people are PC but when I refer in a post to people being PC, I'm usually referring to those who advertise their political correctness.

Who do you mean here?
Any specific guests you have in mind? Any specific jokes which have annoyed you with their pc ness?
Presumably, you must have loads of examples? Why do all these 'I'm not racist/sexist/homophobic but..." posts otherwise?

Alas, the only thing I remember about the guests is that they were exactly how I describe them above.

The very nature of memory is that uninteresting things tend not to be remembered for any reason other than the fact that they were uninteresting.

Unconvincing.

Brian Blessed in a dress?

Quote: Rood Eye @ 5th November 2019, 4:47 PM

Alas, the only thing I remember about the guests is that they were exactly how I describe them above.

The very nature of memory is that uninteresting things tend not to be remembered for any reason other than the fact that they were uninteresting.

If they were uninteresting why are you mentioning it?

Quote: Chappers @ 5th November 2019, 9:39 PM

If they were uninteresting why are you mentioning it?

The guests themselves were uninteresting but the presence of such dull people on Frankie Boyle's show is interesting for the reasons given above.

I suppose one might say they're interesting because they weren't.

Do you see what I did there? Laughing out loud

I'll tell you one person who's been on his show.

Owen f**king Jones.

That says all you need to know about who Frankie Boyle mixes with now.

And it's still okay to dislike PC virtue signallers. It's still doesn't mean you are a bigot. But of course some people are so very black and white with anything these days, they decide for you that you're just some "boomer" who's left behind in this progressive leftist society.