Who's Sorry Kernow?

Look we're clearly all angry and polarized and in my book, nothing brings people together like an 'Common Enemy' and I for one think that we should all turn our gaze to Cornwall.

Let's be honest few have any idea of what these evil bastards get up to once the trains go onto their winter timetables.

They have their own flag and language and they refer to us as 'In-Landers' So its not like we're dealing 'With our own' is it?

Add to that the fact that these bastards can just pick a piece of slate, rock or shell up off the floor then glue a 4p Chinese barometer on it and sell it to an 'In-Lander' for ten quid. How can that be right? On top of that they it literally harbour Rick Stein a man who sells fishcakes for 14 quid!

So no if you ask me its time we looked for an enemy much closer to home.

Unless of course someone could suggest yet another 'Enemy in our midst' that's better and I'll join them , after all I'm rash enough to change horses midstream.

They do a cracking pastie though to be fair

It's a very black flag.....and the county is quite strange.

I have spent some considerable time down the Geevor mine, especially when between mortgages.

In its heyday - long before the 1990s - the hard hatters were way more Polish than Tony Blair.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 3rd November 2019, 11:28 AM

Unless of course someone could suggest yet another 'Enemy in our midst' that's better and I'll join them , after all I'm rash enough to change horses midstream.

In that case, why stop there - keep going West and include Scilly people. Those isolationist bastards! AND a favourite haunt of 'Arold, with his pipe and Gannex mac.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 3rd November 2019, 11:28 AM

'Common Enemy' and I for one think that we should all turn our gaze to Cornwall.

Cornwall, Is that Trump's latest project ? Mind you if the big bad wolf did blow him off it would probably improve his ratings.

If we're talking the English county, what's with the pasty superiority complex ? Wigan works wonders with pastry. But Wigan folk aren't proud (about anything) but there's a good reason for that.

Cornwall claims "Land's End" in truth land ends wherever there's sea. But no, Cornwall's land's ends is somehow better than everyone else's ! Blackpool's got a big one you know, as well as a lands end and a big stonking tower ! You don't see them making a song and a dance about it.

Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again.

Which is a bit odd because I've never been.

You may have John, in alternate reality ?

I had intended to emigrate to Cornwall to start my ship wrecking apprenticeship but with all the Brexit hiatus that work has dried up.

John they wouldn't let you into a ship wrecking gang. Before they trust you to do that you have to start your apprenticeship by selling ice cream to tourist ' for 4 quid with no flake in .
The you have to work the in the cafes selling scone with cream for ten quid. After that its a shift on the inflatables . Once you've done all that you are free to join in luring people to their deaths .

for 4 quid with no flake in

I've travelled the length and breadth of Australia and never found an ice cream van that sold a 99.