What are you watching on TV? Page 2,167

Jennifer Aniston on the Graham Norton show didn't look like her usual self. Shame she has had work done because when she talked her upper lip wasn't moving. Not trying to sound mean but I don't know why people feel the need to have plastic surgery to keep their showbiz career ticking along.

Couldn't agree more. It's bizarre. I always believe you shouldn't bugger about with your body unless there are good health reasons.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 3rd November 2019, 9:05 PM

Jennifer Aniston on the Graham Norton show didn't look like her usual self. Shame she has had work done because when she talked her upper lip wasn't moving. Not trying to sound mean but I don't know why people feel the need to have plastic surgery to keep their showbiz career ticking along.

Getting older means getting ignored, both in showbiz and in life, so it's natural to want to fight it. But it is sad that so many stars who've had surgery just look wrong.

Well I'm not watching His Dark Materials on BBC. Apparently the most expensive programme the BBC has produced. That is us TV licence payers being taken for mugs - again - when there was a perfectly good film made a few years ago. What is the point?

The film was a bit shit, and this was a co-production with I think HBO, who I imagine footed a lot of the bill.

I'm watching the 2016 Dad's Army film on ITV3.

Quote: Chappers @ 3rd November 2019, 9:27 PM

Well I'm not watching His Dark Materials on BBC. Apparently the most expensive programme the BBC has produced. That is us TV licence payers being taken for mugs - again - when there was a perfectly good film made a few years ago. What is the point?

I've just watched less than 10 minutes of it and it looks like an extremely expensive load of bollocks.

The sets look very expensive and there's a lot of very realistic fake animals wandering about - some of which actually speak perfect English.

The snag is I haven't seen or heard anything to make me think the script is any good at all.

If I want to watch animals and humans conversing, I can watch Basil Brush.

At least I'd be sure of being entertained - and he's as cheap as chips compared with even a few minutes of His Dark Materials.

Boom! Boom! Laughing out loud

Some years ago I shocked somebody by saying I'd read the first book and found it utterly boring. Needless to say, I've never read any more of his stuff.

The books are pretty good (the anti-Potter), so it's a shame that this adaptation is a bit of a dud.

Having leafed my way through this week's tv listings magazine, I realise that there are only 7 programmes I watch regularly (and two of those are repeats):

Dad's Army, Only Connect, Motherland, Doc Martin, Father Brown (being re-run from the beginning on Drama on Thursdays), Have I Got News for You & Would I Lie to You.

Apart from football & racing and the odd old film on the likes of TPTV, that's it. It just goes to show that the more channels there are, the less there is to watch.

Yep I barely watch tv anymore - wall to wall junk

I just stream YouTube and watch pretty much whatever i want , when I want

It's the future!

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 3rd November 2019, 9:05 PM

I don't know why people feel the need to have plastic surgery to keep their showbiz career ticking along.

My personal fave is Madonna: fake tits, fake butt, plastic surgery, photoshop, make overs, more plastic surgery... Then, 'What's the secret of your success?' 'I'm just myself.'

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 4th November 2019, 6:57 PM

My personal fave is Madonna: fake tits, fake butt, plastic surgery, photoshop, make overs, more plastic surgery... Then, 'What's the secret of your success?' 'I'm just myself.'

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

Quote: Briosaid @ 4th November 2019, 8:15 PM

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

I loathe Madonna. When I'm driving I switch off the radio when she comes on.

I liked Madonna early in her career with songs like True Blue and Express Yourself but went off her when she started being more erotic. Seemed like a sell out.

Watched a very interesting documentary about Nietzsche presented by the visually pleasing Bettany Hughes.