What is that sketch? Mafia family

Thinking it was on Harry Enfield, or Fast Show etc
Its like an mafia-ish American family (father mother son daughter) in middle England. The milkman delivers the milk. The father gets the milk to find it's red top. When they are having dinner, the father says "the milkman gave us red top milk again". The son shouts "we should not let people treat us like this". The daughter says (to the son) hey take it easy calm down. The father says (to son) "what, you think we should do something about it?" The son says "damn right". Next scene you see the milkman driving the milk float and it explodes. I loved it! Any ideas?

Was this a dream?

Assuming it's the 90s but can you narrow it down? TV channel? Time of day? Anything memorable about the actors? Are they British actors? It does sound very Harry Enfield/Fast Showey but not a sketch I remember seeing.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 1st November 2019, 8:57 PM

It does sound very Harry Enfield/Fast Showey but not a sketch I remember seeing.

I'm pretty sure it's neither of them

Definitely not dreaming. I do seem to remember it being Fast Showy/Enfieldy/Whitehousey.

I can't see Harry or Paul coming up with anything like that.

Equally, I can't see a lesser scriptwriter having the clout to insist on such an expensive ending - unless the explosion was stock footage and/or the sketch was the finale to some sort of running gag.

Could be Smith and Jones?

Quote: Rood Eye @ 2nd November 2019, 4:46 PM

I can't see Harry or Paul coming up with anything like that.

Equally, I can't see a lesser scriptwriter having the clout to insist on such an expensive ending - unless the explosion was stock footage and/or the sketch was the finale to some sort of running gag.

I think it was the first of 3 or 4 of these American family sketches, all about 30 seconds , all identical dialog , with different "kills"

No I reckon it probably was Paul and Harry.