Blimmin' Rugby Thread Page 21

Take That are launching the Rugby World Cup.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Quote: zooo @ 22nd January 2011, 2:51 PM GMT

Hm, I suppose football and cricket have their own threads (I think).

Okay, will change name of this thread. But any other sports can go in the general sports thread! I don't want no tiddlywinks threads started.

Jawohl mein Führer!

P.S.: do we have a general sports thread?

England

Well I will have to cheer the All Blacks as my second team.

I watched about the last 20 minutes of the South Africa v Japan game. I don't know enough about the rules but it's almost like they were allowed to play enough stoppage time for Japan to win.

Quote: Chappers @ 19th September 2015, 10:28 PM BST

I watched about the last 20 minutes of the South Africa v Japan game. I don't know enough about the rules but it's almost like they were allowed to play enough stoppage time for Japan to win.

No it's not like football where the ref adds on a set amount for lost time. Once the 80mins is up you play until one team loses the ball, makes a mistake or scores like Japan did. It was a totally legit try and nothing to do with the ref. Some teams have taken it to ten minutes past the 80.

Oh England you almighty plonkers! This is not a vintage England team and they have possibly the worst Captain I've seen. Take him out and I think England will win the crunch games they keep losing now. An utterly useless leader. >_< Whereas the Wales Captain is one of greatest of all time.

Who decided very dark blue and very dark green are good colours for two opposing teams to play in?

Quote: zooo @ 7th October 2015, 10:55 PM BST

Who decided very dark blue and very dark green are good colours for two opposing teams to play in?

The shirt manufacturers.

Well me not being a fan of rugby makes me think I am not alone in this on this forum, given how well the odd rugby threads are "supported" - Dor, look you bach, there's luverly isn't it (that's my contribution to the Welsh victory)

But I digress, and a further and given the popularity of this thread (other threads are available, but even less frequented, if that is at all possible), I don't suppose I will get an answer on here; BUT is it my imagination that all the UK teams are managed by Antipodeans?

Why is that?

PS I got grammatically lost somewhere on the way with that lot and can't be bothered to sort it, but I know the caring people on here will bear with me and mark my paper.

I really don't understand the rules of Rugby and I'm sure the majority of the spectators don't either. It's all the running around and jumping on top of each other that seems to excite people.

I don't watch it by the way.

I had an inkling England might win the world cup and that was going so well until today. I think we should have dressed up our front row as Nelson Mandela, because it's a known fact no South African has rugby tackled Mandela to the ground since his release.*

* waits for Rood to search youtube for a Nelson Mandela Tackle.

Quote: Firkin @ 2nd November 2019, 11:09 AM

* waits for Rood to search youtube for a Nelson Mandela Tackle.

I can assure you I have absolutely no interest in seeing Nelson Mandela's tackle - impressive though it might be.