Little Britain Page 6

Quote: Chappers @ 1st July 2019, 10:52 PM

I don't quite understand what you're saying.

I'm pretty sure he's asking "Why isn't Mollie Sugden credited for her appearance in Little Britain on her BCG bio page?"

Quote: Rood Eye @ 1st July 2019, 10:59 PM

I'm pretty sure he's asking "Why isn't Mollie Sugden credited for her appearance in Little Britain on her BCG bio page?"

It's because Little Britain doesn't have a guide to its individual episodes on this site yet.

Quote: jsg @ 1st July 2019, 11:04 PM

It's because Little Britain doesn't have a guide to its individual episodes on this site yet.

I think he's referring to Mollie Sugden's bio page, which lists 56 comedy-related credits but doesn't list her appearance in Little Britain.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/people/mollie_sugden/

She appeared in the final episode of Series 1 (2003), the series in which David Walliams' character claimed several times to have been her bridesmaid.

Anybody listen to the new Little Brexit special? I have to admit it did evoke a warm feeling of nostalgia, but aside from that, especially as the last time I watched it was as a child, it really proved how utterly one note the humour is.

Yeah, I sort of enjoyed it but it really wasn't great.

It went a little too far towards some really tired Brexit tropes in a few sketches, but I did enjoy it and laughed a lot.

I suspect it would have been very much better if we weren't so close to a general election.

The BBC are very strict about what can and can't be said during the run-up.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 1st November 2019, 12:09 AM

I suspect it would have been very much better if we weren't so close to a general election.

The BBC are very strict about what can and can't be said during the run-up.

That only applies during the purdah period, which has not yet started.

I really liked it

I listened to the original radio series before it transferred over to tv - and it reminded me how good this show works in audio form

Repeat posts cut.

Jesus I didn't like it that much!

Marjorie Dawes was conspicuous by her absence. Laughing out loud

Quote: Aaron @ 31st October 2019, 11:40 PM

It went a little too far towards some really tired Brexit tropes in a few sketches.

To be fair, I'm not sure there's anything new to say about Brexit. It's like a boot that's been stamping on all of our faces for 3 or more years. Everything that can be said about it has pretty much been said.

Quote: chipolata @ 2nd November 2019, 10:14 AM

To be fair, I'm not sure there's anything new to say about Brexit. It's like a boot that's been stamping on all of our faces for 3 or more years. Everything that can be said about it has pretty much been said.

Sick and tired of hearing about it.

Fair point chip!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd November 2019, 10:16 AM

Sick and tired of hearing about it.

It was just an overcoat to hang some sketches on, really.

(Try and make a joke of that!)

Love it or loathe it or be completely indifferent to it, Brexit is currently the hottest topic in Britain.

Accordingly, it's not entirely unreasonable for the Little Britain boys to knock out a sketch show based upon that topic.

I have to say that, overall, the show was very good indeed - with some superb comedy touches.