BREXIT Page 14

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 31st October 2019, 12:33 PM

Maybe they should close down the internet during purdah.

Maybe they should close it down altogether. It serves no useful purpose and mainly produces conflict, abuse & scams. I use it mostly for booking theatre trips and trips away, placing bets & managing my fantasy football team. I seemed to manage all those activities perfectly well pre-internet.

Agree wholeheartedly. Worse thing it's done though is kill the high street and make huge American companies extremely rich at the expense of local small businesses. It hasn't done pubs any favours either which are disappearing quicker than Labour voters.

It's been said before, but it is worth pointing out the staggering hypocrisy of Nigel Farage. Back in 2016 when Barack Obama said we'd be at the back of the queue in any trade deals if we voted for Brexit, people were livid, especially Farage, at a US president interfering in British politics. Fast forward three years and Trump - on Farage's tawdry little show - is doing the same, only far worse. And not a peep of outrage from the Brexiteers. Funny that.

We are far more stoic and less triggered than remainers.

Except you were kicking off in 2016. Just admit to being hypocrites, you know it makes sense.

Case proven m'lud

Lord Chipolata, sounds better than the "Brexit banger", the wheels will fall off that one soon enough. Then Gina's ever growing youth army will flip us back into the EU, sunny side up.

The Brexit party has announced it will field a candidate in every seat in the forthcoming general election.

On BBC news just the subtitling was referring to Farage as Badger. When is the next Badger cull due?

Quote: Firkin @ 1st November 2019, 11:19 AM

Lord Chipolata, sounds better than the "Brexit banger", the wheels will fall off that one soon enough. Then Gina's ever growing youth army will flip us back into the EU, sunny side up.

It's not beyond the bounds of possibility that we have a hung parliament with the Liberals holding sway. If that happens, cheerio Brexit!

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 1st November 2019, 2:52 AM

Agree wholeheartedly. Worse thing it's done though is kill the high street and make huge American companies extremely rich at the expense of local small businesses. It hasn't done pubs any favours either which are disappearing quicker than Labour voters.

I'm sorry Alfred but this has left me scratching my head? You come one the internet to suggest it should be shut down? Your reason is because its ruining pubs? I don't get that bit at all?
Then you say it's making the Americans rich but part of the Leave plan is to deal with the same people?

Then you say that Labour voters are disappearing? Well if you read the Daily Mail , Telegraph and the Scum etc then I could see why you would believe that.
However if you went on facts as opposed fanaticism a basic Google search would give you the current membership numbers:

Labour 485,000 July 2019

SNP 125,534 December 2018

Conservatives 191,000 30 September 2019

Liberal Democrats 120,845 6 September 2019

So if having read them if you are still of the same opinion? Then you'll have to admit to yourself that you are now only reading and listening to what you want to hear regardless of the facts in evidence.
If only life was that easy.

This is a complex matter that will decide the fate of a nation and despite the claims of the Monthly Manifesto that is being published under the guise of a Wetherspoons Periodical. You will also note the Wetherspoons have taken over most pubs and ran the independent landlord into the ground.

Sadly the owner of Wetherspoon's is not American, some say he was born in England others think Ireland no one really knows but he is noted for hoping to emulate Sam Walton the creator of Walmart so we can see what his plans are. ,

No I'm sorry we are not just voters we are the Jury for the next generation and if this case is to be proven I'm going to need to see more depth and less garbage and that applies to both sides!

In the highly unlikely event of Nigel getting an overall majority in the election, we will be saying "Goodbye forever, Europe - it's all over between us."

If Boris gets an overall majority, the UK and Europe will simply move into separate bedrooms but will otherwise have a relatively harmonious relationship.

I've said all along that Brexit is never going to happen.

The most that Leavers can hope for is something with a "Brexit" label stuck on it, but it won't be Brexit.

Farage's challenge to Boris to ditch his own deal or face Brexit candidates in every seat is the best news this Remainer has heard all week!

Apart from us not leaving yesterday, that is.

It does seem a weird misstep from the Leave side, splitting their support.

Yes, it's odd.
Some of the full-on Brexiteers are saying they think he's just cocked it up.
There's no way Boris will ditch his own deal and move even further to the right - he's only just got the moderates on side again.
Anyway, here's hoping they both go down in flames.

F**k Cameron

I genuinely believe Farage is bluffing about his numbers I really do and I think the Tories know it to. Yes he could win 30 seats and figure in bargaining that will follow a hung parliament.

But the logistics, mechanism and time required to vet 500 people to the extent required to pass the level of scrutiny that will be on each of them is enormous, But if its not done right then a few loose cannons caught out on interview / camera etc will bring it down around his ears.
Also the fist past the post system can easily soak up a million plus votes and not produce so much as a stool never mind a seat.
Farage is a danger to Bojo but sadly Corbyn is a danger to Labour and Jo Swinson's policy feels like it was cut & pasted from every over tired kids creative writing essay 'Then we woke up and it was all a dream'.

If the Lib Dems did win the only way Jo Swinson will go down in the history books is as the idiot who started the Second English Civil War.
As a footnote if god forbid another Civil War breaks out then I wouldn't like to be on Ilkley Moor and have to face Stephen Goodlad running at me with a sword and a Round Heads helmet rammed onto his head.

Challenging times we face.