Whats the truth?

Today Farage is saying he will only field 20 candidates in the GE aimed at Labour seats.
Now is this because he is being pragmatic?

Or does he not have enough vetted candidates given their propensity to have sent hate mail etc?

Question Time is another conundrum, when you watch it the support for Brexit chat is strong. However we know that the BBC go out of their way to create impartiality , so they opt for a 50/50 spilt.

So for me the another question is, just how hard do the producers have to works to fill their quota?

I mean are there 20000 Kippers outside ready and willing? Or do they have to be 'Sourced' from regional groups?

The same with Remainers we know that they're 50% of the audience by design but do they have to be tracked down? Is it a case of they can only find 60 so they select 59 and thats only because the 60th is clearly a F**kwit so they leave them?

I'll be honest and say that the only way past all the data and media manipulation would be to hold a 2nd Ref, Sadly the current view being pushed by bots and Spads et al ,is that we have to 'Respect' the 1st one despite the proven lies arrests and daily dawning of the reality of its consequences.
My question I suppose is who really is the biggest side? Because I am genuinely not sure anymore?

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 31st October 2019, 12:42 PM

Today Farage is saying he will only field 20 candidates in the GE aimed at Labour seats.
Now is this because he is being pragmatic?

Doesn't want to split the Tory vote.
Boris is his only chance of getting stupid Brexit so he doesn't want to hamper them in any way.

One of the problems with the Brexit Party is that they don't have any policies apart from Brexit. That's a pretty big problem. I listened to Corbyn's speech today. I think Labour are going to do much better than the polls suggest. It all sounds so spot on - even I quite liked it - until you remember that the deal they want is virtually identical to Remaining in the EU, that the anti-semitism issues they have are very real, that it is gas and electricity which should be nationalised rather than rail, mail and water and that they haven't got a bleeding clue how to pay for all they say they would deliver.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 31st October 2019, 3:22 PM

the anti-semitism problem they have is real

Is it?

I'm not saying it isn't but I am saying that having been born and raised in a city with a very substantial Jewish population, and having at times abided in other parts of Britain, and having mixed with all types of people from all walks of life, I have never in my entire life heard an anti-Semitic remark.

And when I say "never", I do mean never.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 31st October 2019, 3:27 PM

Is it?

I'm not saying it isn't but I am saying that having been born and raised in a city with a very substantial Jewish population, and having at times abided in other parts of Britain, and having mixed with all types of people from all walks of life, I have never in my entire life heard an anti-Semitic remark.

And when I say "never", I do mean never.

Is it?

Yes.

I live in a city with a more substantial Jewish population than you do. It's London. Obviously this means among other things that I have been a guest at a Jewish wedding etc. In fact, unusually for a non Jew I was even allowed to be in the Hebrew part of the ceremony before they lifted the bride up on a chair and swung her around an inch from my head just under her knickers. But I don't see the connection. Walking up and down Victoria Street or in Croydon or in Leeds (or wherever you are) is not the same as being in Labour Party meetings full of people admiring so-called art work involving people with big noses counting money. Don't ask Luciana Berger who is a drama queen but do ask Louise Ellman. Or indeed John Mann who is one of the tiny number of MPs stepping down who will be a genuine loss to Parliament.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7634637/Jewish-Labour-groups-refuse-campaign-Jeremy-Corbyn.html

Lazzard I agree that could be the reason. But I don't see someone like Farage not going for the 600 if he indeed has them? As he would only need to win 10% to be bigger than the DUP and in doing so become a potential King Maker?

No I think his people have done a quick basic check on the 600 and realized that they may not stand up to scrutiny. That is not to say all Leavers are lunatics. I just think that the ones at the front who do all the shouting are and I imagine the selection process had a lot of 'Pick him he's my mate' like they are about to play footy.

No I genuinely think that he over estimated the game and the logistical support when its not just 'Net Based' He may have thought that he could utilise his old UKIP stuff but found it had dissolved logistically
. No finding 600 people and vetting them in such a short time would be impossible for any party even the Monster Raving Loonnies, I think he's been chatting bubbles to a hardcore and now realised how big a task it is,

On top of that 75% of the people who would be canvassing for him could easily be lured into talking like Hitler on a hidden camera Panorama would have a field day leaving Nigel to denounce half of his own Brown shirts,
No I reckon he's a busted flush I think the Bojo's Mekon side kick has side doored him and taken over the mantle.