BCG Fantasy Premier League 2019/20 Page 8

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 4th September 2019, 11:15 AM

Aye, I'm fair put out for ya.

I can't help but think it would have been more fun to have a losers league, where the aim is to pick a team to gain as few points as possible. With the team at the bottom at the end of the season being crowned the winning loser! I can just imagine the horror of seeing some bastard you picked up for next to nothing getting a hat trick and sending your team plummeting 'up' the rankings.

I am sure we can all think of players we would pick - but sadly you are only allowed three Man U players...

I finally got so pissed off last season (Sterling didn't help, as I mentched before) I gave up and so picked a team from players that never get in their first team, yet still I managed to score points. Angry or :(

Went to bed in 5th, woke up in 7th?

Quote: playfull @ 23rd September 2019, 6:23 PM

The tables are only updated overnight.

Quote: playfull @ 23rd September 2019, 6:23 PM

Went to bed last and woke up last.

I am still studying how it all works - you all know but I dont.
Took me a while to realise that 4 of my players are long term injured or have left the premiership on loan.

I shall come like a yacht with a wet sail when I have cracked it.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 23rd September 2019, 8:49 PM

Went to bed last and woke up last.

I am still studying how it all works - you all know but I dont.
Took me a while to realise that 4 of my players are long term injured or have left the premiership on loan.

I shall come like a yacht with a wet sail when I have cracked it.

Should be quite clear on what players are in or out with the Yellow/Orange/Red triangles indicating length of injury or ban, BUT they can change over night EITHER way. You transfer a player 'cos he's 75% chance of playing and by Saturday he's NOW playing and scores a gazillion points. Known of course as Sod's Law. Angry

I taught you all I know............now wassa matter - tell Uncle Herc and we'll see if we can sort it.

20 points from one player (Vardy) !! Bet Anton, Dan, Dan, Gerry and Stephen are kicking themselves for not playing Triple Captain.

Now i am 9th! I think this is the point in the season where the board give me the dreaded vote of confidence...

Long way to go yet (said he clutching at straws :( ), but if you're on a freak score like that (getting 65 points from only three players in one game!!) is does make you wonder if it's worth carrying on and leave to top two to fight it out amongst themselves.

Never considered even captaining Vardy for that one!

Lots of time to go, lots of bandwagons to jump on.

Quite pleased with the way my debut season's going so far (especially in the H2H) but, as you say...

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 29th October 2019, 5:05 PM

Quite pleased with the way my debut season's going so far (especially in the H2H) but, as you say...

Debut season and you've got into the H2H? I can't seem to get into that one and have been asking for years. What pass are you using??

Well that was a waste of my triple captain chip. Sterling: 1 point tripled up to 3!

I gave up with Sterling long ago as he was so erratic and didn't always play or only played for part of the match, and that seems to be, maybe apart from DeBruyne, the norm for this strong team, which epitomises "Sod's Law" for example this week I also finally gave up with Aguero, and what does he do? Play a full 90 minutes and score a f**king goal, whereas DeBruyne and Silva give me diddly squat. You cannot win.

They should have walked all over Southampton and your Triple Captain should have been a cert. You have my sympathy.

"It's a funny old game Saint"

Highest score of the week at 66 points - and neither of my keepers played, so points from 10 players only - and still down at 7th!
Off to look at transfers again...