BREXIT Page 13

I'm an old white man but I would have voted to remain.
However the majority voted to leave so that should be it.(I'm glad I live here now.:))

Quote: john tregorran @ 28th October 2019, 8:19 PM

I'm an old white man but I would have voted to remain.
However the majority voted to leave so that should be it.(I'm glad I live here now.:))

Not that I am one to be picky but surely emigrating to Australia is the ultimate "statement" of leaving the EU.

Also, white doesn't come into it. As I have pointed out many times, over 98% of the 751 MEPs are white. Of the less than 2% who are non white almost every one is a UK MEP so in fact the EU27 is a white Empire builder's dream. Think also about the chief negotiators from within the EU. Merkel doesn't count as she is a national leader. They are all white and male and none of them is young.

I am firmly of the view that in the event of another referendum, Brexiteers need to get into places that they consider to be a wholly lost cause like Tottenham and point these things out to the substantial Afro Caribbean population there. Currently their black MP David Lammy who is rabidly pro EU is believed when he suggests that the EU is great for black people just because he is black. It's total tripe.

And why would people be crossing all of the EU from all parts of the globe to get into the UK if it wasn't for the fact that they thought it was alright for them here and they were far more likely to get their heads kicked in everywhere else, whether it is Bulgaria, Italy or France? Even when there is racism, people don't think that the majority are racist because the majority here are not racist.

In the early 1960s, Leicester city council published a leaflet telling Asian people coming into this country that they were not welcome there. The response was that it was just a bad council and not how most people felt so they came in ever larger numbers, having been especially reminded not only of the UK's existence but the existence of Leicester in particular. The rest, as they say, is history.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 28th October 2019, 8:31 PM

why would people be crossing all of the EU from all parts of the globe to get into the UK if it wasn't for the fact that they thought it was alright for them here and they were far more likely to get their heads kicked in everywhere else?

If the Frankie Boyle we all knew and loved before he went all PC were posting on BCG today, he would probably reply:

"Good point! It just shows you how lax we British are when it comes to kicking immigrants' heads in!"

Quote: Rood Eye @ 28th October 2019, 9:31 PM

If the Frankie Boyle we all knew and loved before he went all PC were posting on BCG today, he would probably reply:

"Good point! It just shows you how lax we British are when it comes to kicking immigrants' heads in!"

I don't know about that one but my Tottenham example is a perfect illustration of how the power mongers like to turn everything around for the sake of it when the facts are clearly different. There were six black people on the BBC last night talking about how they want to ban Black History Month. Further, they argued it wasn't good enough to keep focussing on slavery in terms of black history when for the last 20 years we have been told that this is precisely what black history is.

On top of that there was a side swipe at Martin Luther King for being too obvious a hero. Callers were hyped up so that by the time they got on they were full of aggressive rhetoric like "I am so furious about white privilege I am hyperventilating" and "how I would love to pin that man - I can't remember who he was now : the PM? Mr Blobby? - up against the wall!".

The hour was full of the claim that black history should be taught round the year in schools in what they all described as a root and branch "restructuring". So often was the phrase mentioned that it seemed like it could have been rehearsed. Later it turned out that it was rehearsed. One by one each let slip that it was lifted directly from Labour Party policy. Fair enough so far as it goes except not one was asked what would specifically be taught. Only one volunteered something.

She said it would cover culture such as food and music that she and her kids like. So that would be rice and peas and rap music then, Hardly history is it. Just her about her and hers in 2019. I can absolutely guarantee I know ten times as much about historical black culture than she does and historically have had more of a genuine if quiet interest in it. I would have loved to have asked them all about Chevalier St George, Benjamin Banneker, Gil Saint Elmo Heron, Emmett Chapelle and the Mighty Sparrow as I can absolutely guarantee that none of them, all under 40 I think, would have had a sodding clue,

Black, white or turquoise, people in politics and the media these days are just ignorant controversialists who will talk until everyone believes a tortoise is a turtle and a robin is an albatross. Ultimately the bland argumentative nature of it just wearies. The rolling "survey" on the show was "who is the greatest black role model - is it Meghan Markle or Stormzy?"

For God's sake. Even three of the contributors refused to answer that one but still it persisted. And then the terminology thing. Don't forget that "coloured people" is an outrageous slur - I think even most of the old people did get that not insignificant point eventually - but now "people of colour" is cool and spot on. At what moment does one ask how much is principle and how much cantankerous gamesmanship? I used to champion minority politics. Now I just switch it all off.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 28th October 2019, 10:37 PM

She said (her ideal black history curriculum in schools) would cover culture such as food and music that she and her kids like.

With that sort of in-depth understanding of the issues, I expect that, even as we speak, she's being offered a top job with some education authority - or possibly the BBC.

It's even possible that, in the next general election, she'll become a Labour MP (by fair means or foul) and immediately be appointed to the position of Shadow Education Secretary.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 28th October 2019, 11:13 PM

With that sort of in-depth understanding of the issues, I expect that, even as we speak, she's being offered a top job with some education authority - or possibly the BBC.

It's even possible that, in the next general election, she'll become a Labour MP (by fair means or foul) and immediately be appointed to the position of Shadow Education Secretary.

I believe that superior post is safe in the hands of the irrefutably white 39 year old grandmother who says I fink this and I fink that and I fink the uvver and constantly moans that she suffered huge disadvantages for not getting through her eleven plus. Really? What would you have been without such terrible hardship, love? Prime Minister by the age of 17?

After yesterday's chicken run I'm convinced now there'll be an in-party revolt soon to dislodge the allotment renting Marx quoting scruffbag of Islington as opposition leader and I wouldn't be too surprised if some of his mates do the stabbing. McDonnell says he wants a woman leader, shouldn't be too much change from what they've got then. In a dark kind of way I'm sad we'll never get to see a Corbyn Govt. in inaction. Could've been funny -

Three weeks in after replacing our soldiers' rifles with brooms and scrapping Trident, China and Russia team up to destroy USA's newly unprotected closest ally. As a 30megaton nuclear warhead closes in on Westminster palace against a wail of general panic and screams of 'Do something you wimp!' PM Corbyn calmly reacts to save Britain. Reaching into to Diane Abbots' handbag he pulls out a small can of pepper spray and points it eastwards. 'There you are, who says I can't defend our...BOOOOOOOOM

Russia already got what they wanted with Brexit (which is why they funnelled money into the Brexit campaign). A weakened and squabbling UK, allowing Russia to get away with more things on the world stage.

Trump also backed Brexit, because of divide and conquer. Now we have no negotiation power with America, and the North America trade alliance is catching up in size to the EU. He famously asked Merkle 8 times in one meeting if she would cut a deal outside the EU. We just handed it to them all on a plate. Boris is half the man Merkle is.

Just another day in the office.......

Ticks which cause brain disease discovered to have been in the benches of the House of Commons since 2016
Parliament finally agrees on a date for the forthcoming General Election - it's 32nd December 2015
Labour to campaign for Remain, Its own deal, the Government's deal, a referendum and a Mein Kampf Marxism
Tories to campaign for Remain, their own deal, a Labour deal, a referendum and what was once the Brexit Party position

Brexit Party to campaign for Remain and a majority Corbyn Government as the better alternative to the Tories' deal
SNP to campaign for both Scottish independence and a brand new United Kingdom excluding England
Lib Dems to campaign for Remain enforced by tanks and a national holiday in memory of al-Baghdadi's underpants
Heidi Allen, ex Con, ex Change UK, ex Independent Group, steps down from the Lib Dems to become queen of herself

If you're not a fan of Brexit, and you're not sure which way to vote in the forthcoming general election in order to maximise the chance of Brexit never happening, Gina Miller has the answer.

Gina has launched a website advising voters how to vote tactically to avoid electing a Conservative MP.

Just enter your postcode at tactical.vote and you will be told which party has the best chance of beating the Tories in your constituency.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 31st October 2019, 9:40 AM

If you're not a fan of Brexit, and you're not sure which way to vote in the forthcoming general election in order to maximise the chance of Brexit never happening, Gina Miller has the answer.

Gina has launched a website advising voters how to vote tactically to avoid electing a Conservative MP.

Just enter your postcode at tactical.vote and you will be told which party has the best chance of beating the Tories in your constituency.

Maybe they should close down the internet during purdah.

Maybe they should close it down altogether. It serves no useful purpose and mainly produces conflict, abuse & scams. I use it mostly for booking theatre trips and trips away, placing bets & managing my fantasy football team. I seemed to manage all those activities perfectly well pre-internet.

Billy that would leave the Barclay Brothers and Murdoch running the only game in town unless you're also closing down the press along with social media , which is a bit warm on the Civil Liberties front even if I do say so myself.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 31st October 2019, 12:46 PM

Billy that would leave the Barclay Brothers and Murdoch running the only game in town unless you're also closing down the press along with social media , which is a bit warm on the Civil Liberties front even if I do say so myself.

Not really. There are plenty of other newspapers (The Morning Star, The Mirror, The Guardian, The Observer...). And, as I say, we seemed to manage perfectly well pre-internet.

The Observer is once a week the Mirror and the Express are now sister publications and the Morning Star is only available in Pipe Tobacco shops and Corduroy Jack outlets and the Guardian is for Foster parents and people looking for vouchers for money off harm term trips to Centre Parcs.
I'll stick with the net as my paper boys wholly unreliable plus he's 78 years old. In fairness to him he's only covering for his dad who's gone to Blackpool for a fortnight.