BREXIT Page 11

Boris Johnson drops a plate. Brex it.

You can tell he went to Cambridge.

You're just jealous because I know so many hilarious jokes.
What happened when Mary and Joseph dropped a plate? Jesus swept.
Out here in Italy everyone asks me, What do you think of Brexit? I don't.

There's always doing the same to me in Spain. I've just returned from the wine shop, where I had to explain a cartoon I did this morning about Boris Johnson as a dog. Love the Jesus joke!

Quote: Firkin @ 22nd October 2019, 7:05 AM

And would you stop with the disrespectful language ?

No! Are you going to report me?

If there is a second referendum, Brexit may or may not be cancelled - depending on the result.

However, if there's a general election and the Lib Dems emerge with an overall parliamentary majority, they've already said they'll revoke Article 50 and cancel Brexit.

A Lib Dem government?

Surely, that can't happen?

Or can it? :O

Or a hung parliament where Lib Dems hold the balance of power ? If Labour ditch Corbyn after the election they would probably team up with the Lib Dems on Brexit. Corbyn and Boris are two stubborn extremist that have contributed to this dead lock, incapable of compromise. A hung parliament with those two would be comedy gold. It would be like two Alf Garnetts spouting off , to zero effect. Jo Swinson would be the long suffering daughter, having to agree with them both, but quietly getting all the work done. No wonder Spitting Image is returning.

Quote: Firkin @ 23rd October 2019, 9:12 AM

stubborn extremist that have contributed to this dead lock, incapable of compromise. .

That kind of sums up modern Britain, sadly (and probably the world). Nobody is willing to compromise and work with each other. It;s their way or nothing. Which is a terrible foundation to build anything on.

Fair point chip. Trouble is that approach only works if one side has a majority and is happy to bully the other side. It can't work with a 50:50 as we've just demonstrated. We'll be flipping back into Europe at the soonest opportunity as most expect the Remain vote will keep growing. All we're doing now is watching the dance of the vampires.

I think it's the level of compromise. Many Remainers supported a Soft Brexit, but not May's Deal. Many Brexiters support a second referendum as long as nothing comes of it.

Quote: beaky @ 22nd October 2019, 5:53 PM

There's always doing the same to me in Spain. I've just returned from the wine shop, where I had to explain a cartoon I did this morning about Boris Johnson as a dog. Love the Jesus joke!

A positive comment. That's four more than usual.
When you live outside the UK people think you automatically give a shit about Brexit, the royals etc. It's like the hilarious joke about my surname. Whatever happens after Brexit, people will always find something to moan about.

There should never be another referendum unless the first question is: Will you agree to abide by the majority result of this referendum? The ballot papers of any who answer NO, should be discarded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have a suggestion for all future campaigns such as a new referendum. Viz: All adverts/leaflets/speeches/slogans for the campaign must be vetted for accuracy by the opposing campaign. Note, not the content, just the accuracy. Where the accuracy is not known it must be quoted as a range, with an explanation of what that range covers.

Quote: billwill @ 24th October 2019, 6:18 PM

There should never be another referendum unless the first question is: Will you agree to abide by the majority result of this referendum? The ballot papers of any who answer NO, should be discarded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have a suggestion for all future campaigns such as a new referendum. Viz: All adverts/leaflets/speeches/slogans for the campaign must be vetted for accuracy by the opposing campaign. Note, not the content, just the accuracy. Where the accuracy is not known it must be quoted as a range, with an explanation of what that range covers.

Viz.

Yes!

Only Viz characters should be able to vote in it.

Spawny Get in No.10 and we can't lose.

I don't know if this would stand up in court but when I was a a kid if you lost a coin toss or a game you demanded 'Best out of three' And unless it had been stated up front that there was no best of three, you got your way.
Now having consulted Erskine May it has come to my attention the the 'Law' of Best of three has never been rescinded since Disraeli gave it to Gladstone at the dispatch box over whether or not to send Chinese Gordon to Khartoum? Gladstone lost the first toss but two tosses later Chinese Gordon became Gordon of Khartoum
A dejected Disraeli then came up with the word 'Swizz' on the grounds that Gladstone used a half sovereign instead of a full one.
As a footnote every last man woman & child in Khartoum were butchered like hogs by the Mad Mahdi a fact that was lost to the press at the time as they were all concentrating on the word 'Swizz'