Seriously, what does it take to be banned, warned, etc?

Many times I've expected to be warned about my behaviour on this forum. I speak my mind and if I think somebody is a shite, I say so. However, so far, no warnings. What do people actually have to do to be warned? And what are the penalties?

What happens if somebody complains? Are the complainers investigated, and if so, is the complainer ever told to sod off because they're being unreasonable? Just asking for a friend.

It's certainly true that you speak your mind and you have in recent times verbally abused a few people I can think of - and probably a lot more people over the years.

Having said that, my guess is that nobody at BCG (including the management) sees you as a nasty or disruptive person. My guess is that even the people you occasionally insult see you as a bit of a character rather than somebody they actually dislike.

Unless I'm much mistaken, the people you've verbally abused recently are intelligent people with a good deal of life experience. I suspect that over the course of their lifetimes to date, they've been called much worse things than you've ever called them.

Accordingly, they haven't complained to the site management and because (if I'm correct) the site management see your abusive posts as "characterful" rather than a threat to the health and happiness of the site, they've seen no need to message you about your occasional excesses.

Personally, I say keep it up! Laughing out loud

I got banned once, everybody stood on their desks (well, a few did) and I was allowed back. Ah, happy days!

Quote: Briosaid @ 21st October 2019, 8:15 PM

Many times I've expected to be warned about my behaviour on this forum. I speak my mind and if I think somebody is a shite, I say so. However, so far, no warnings. What do people actually have to do to be warned? And what are the penalties?

What happens if somebody complains? Are the complainers investigated, and if so, is the complainer ever told to sod off because they're being unreasonable? Just asking for a friend.

As far as I can see you are the only female posting here on a regular basis so you can do and say what you like.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 21st October 2019, 8:57 PM

It's certainly true that you speak your mind and you have in recent times verbally abused a few people I can think of - and probably a lot more people over the years.

Having said that, my guess is that nobody at BCG (including the management) sees you as a nasty or disruptive person. My guess is that even the people you occasionally insult see you as a bit of a character rather than somebody they actually dislike.

Unless I'm much mistaken, the people you've verbally abused recently are intelligent people with a good deal of life experience. I suspect that over the course of their lifetimes to date, they've been called much worse things than you've ever called them.

Accordingly, they haven't complained to the site management and because (if I'm correct) the site management see your abusive posts as "characterful" rather than a threat to the health and happiness of the site, they've seen no need to message you about your occasional excesses.

Personally, I say keep it up! Laughing out loud

Thanks for that. I never understand it, but people in real life do seem to see me as a character. When I said I was asking 'for a friend' that was actually true.

Quote: john tregorran @ 21st October 2019, 9:09 PM

As far as I can see you are the only female posting here on a regular basis so you can do and say what you like.

Ta. I was/am an 'only child' so my father was always right behind me for fighting my corner.

Quote: Briosaid @ 21st October 2019, 9:33 PM

my father was always right behind me

It's a wonderful thing to have a father behind you.

Unless, of course, you're a choirboy - in which case it might not be quite so wonderful.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 21st October 2019, 9:36 PM

It's a wonderful thing to have a father behind you.

Unless, of course, you're a choirboy - in which case it might not be quite so wonderful.

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud He'd have killed anybody who harmed me. I didn't appreciate him when I had him. He died when I was 23.

Quote: chipolata @ 21st October 2019, 9:03 PM

I got banned once, everybody stood on their desks (well, a few did) and I was allowed back. Ah, happy days!

Shit. Whose stupid idea was that? (I meant allowed you back)

Quote: john tregorran @ 21st October 2019, 9:09 PM

Laughing out loud

Quote: Briosaid @ 21st October 2019, 9:33 PM

Thanks for that. I never understand it, but people in real life do seem to see me as a character. When I said I was asking 'for a friend' that was actually true.

Have you really got a friend?

Quote: Chappers @ 21st October 2019, 10:21 PM

Laughing out loud

Have you really got a friend?

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud You'd be surprised how many, and from many different bits and times of my life.

Just asking for a friend.

You must be asking for a friend, as no one has ever complained about you Briosaid!

Lots of 'warnings' happen... but they're all behind-the-scenes via PM, so no one else sees them. As long as that poster in question realises they're wrong and commits to being better, they get another chance. We do try to be liberal: after all, this is a comedy site where people are encouraged to try telling jokes.

Pressing the report button is the way to bring something to our attention. If enough people press report it shows to us it must be really seriously objected to. At the moment, I don't think people maybe use that button enough to let us know their thoughts!

Quote: Chappers @ 21st October 2019, 10:21 PM

:D

Many times I've expected to be warned about my behaviour on this forum. I speak my mind and if I think somebody is a shite, I say so.

Nothing wrong with that. Someone once told me, 'If you don't like someone, just say they're not your cup of tea. But be respectful at all times...' Adolf Hitler? 'Genocide isn't my thing, but gotta respect the dude.'

Quote: Mark @ 22nd October 2019, 8:07 AM

You must be asking for a friend, as no one has ever complained about you Briosaid!

Lots of 'warnings' happen... but they're all behind-the-scenes via PM, so no one else sees them. As long as that poster in question realises they're wrong and commits to being better, they get another chance. We do try to be liberal: after all, this is a comedy site where people are encouraged to try telling jokes.

Pressing the report button is the way to bring something to our attention. If enough people press report it shows to us it must be really seriously objected to. At the moment, I don't think people maybe use that button enough to let us know their thoughts!

Thanks. I was indeed asking for a friend.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 22nd October 2019, 10:29 AM

Adolf Hitler? 'Genocide isn't my thing, but gotta respect the dude.'

I think I might have mentioned this before but a friend of mine was, at one time, involved professionally with a titled lady who had had dinner with Adolf and Eva.

The titled lady assured her that Adolf (on a personal level) was a very nice man.

She wasn't keen on Eva.

I would've complained about Monkhouse posting all those Spice Girls jokes but as I'm not on the Pro list I don't have to read them anymore.