BREXIT Page 10

Quote: Rood Eye @ 12th March 2019, 11:54 PM

As the Brexit bandwagon loses yet another wheel, we're heading for the only possible solution to this fiasco - a second referendum.

That's what I said seven months ago.

Could it be about to come true?

Let's hope so!

The DUP object to being treated differently from the rest of the UK in the latest Brexit agreement but, at the same time, demand to be treated differently from the rest of the UK apropos abortion & same-sex marriage.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 21st October 2019, 6:07 PM

The DUP object to being treated differently from the rest of the UK in the latest Brexit agreement but, at the same time, demand to be treated differently from the rest of the UK apropos abortion & same-sex marriage.

The DUP are always on the wrong side of history. Should have thought about the consequences of Brexit before they so ardently backed it in the first place - in the face of the people of NI having voted to remain.

MOI.........!

And some more of your shorter letters have arrived.

Herbert C Denture of Painswick writes "As an amateur dentist, I believe the main problem with Brexit is that orally it is too close to bruxism. During the past three years, I have seen a notable rise in involuntary jaw bracing and clenching of the canines. So many patients are telling me that they would give their eye-teeth for a solution. While generally I am able to omit their noses in my advanced door handle and rubber band treatment, they inevitably now walk out of my surgery looking like a painting by Picasso. Still, it enables most of them to recoup at Sotherby's part of the £37 billion cost."

Ex boho starlet and all round it girl Dahlia Shrinkgate writes from "above Bradford 8" following a crowdfunded period in rehab: "Is Mr Bercow related in any way to the late Charles Bukowski? Not only are their surnames identical but Mr Bercow is 56 which is one of the ages Mr Bukowski enjoyed before he passed away at 73. Furthermore, Bukowski's book "Poems Written Before Jumping Out of an 8 Story Window" has the same title as my last book which contains verse about listening to the speaker and then leaping to my own death from a council tower block. While sex with Charles is currently orgasmically avant-gardist, I would have really preferred not to have had to write to you all so soon from the grave."

According to John Wayne Gacechamber who is a Blackpool fan and a regular reader on Facebook "That bint Beckett has done enough tinkering to deserve f**king off for three years on one of her big posh caravan holidays. Just because her old man wrote "Waiting For Godot" doesn't mean that it should be inflicted by Newsbeat on us all in perpetuity, ya?".

And Marina Ubu writes from Instagram expressing her concern that "OK, so while Dave Cameron was sticking his meat into a pig's head, it was no big deal to me 'cos me and my friends all did it with strap-ons when on schnapps at uni, but it is totally different when he starts calling Johnson a greased piglet as it could imply that it's fellatio when Bojo isn't 16".

Ex committed Brexiteer, Kwame Arthur Mugabe of Tel Aviv is just one of several correspondents who have joined the Liberal Democrats since the summer because "Swinson is more of a looker than Bill Cash" but Anna Softly of Chertsey goes further in her praise enthusing: "she reassures because she is a combination of the the elder Dostoevsky and the young Loren." Anna adds that her mother writes letters in her name between the elderly lady's acupuncture sessions and she herself knows nothing about them at all. We are grateful to Anna's mother for the clarification ahead of her next needles. And cinematographer, Paddy Fife of Neath describes how he is not only remaking Wacky Races but is currently in the High Court to force selected MPs to cease being politicians and take part in his film entirely against their will. "I'm only on stage one but hopeful " he says- "it's Dianne Abbott as Penelope Pitstop and Ian Blackford as the Hooded Claw",

Finally, Chi Lu who was originally from Beijing but is currently an undergraduate in York on a spycraft course says: "I can't stand Blexit but I so love Radio 4 Extra I now consider myself to be Blitish. What has two wings and an arrow? A Chinese telephone. Wing Wing. Arrow, Do you geddit? Do you geddit? No 10. Egg flied lice. Haw, haw, haw, haw, haw, haw haw",

Thank you to all of our readers.

Do keep them coming in.

Gawn yersel, John Bercow. The only person standing between us and a dictator. Any day now and I'll expect to see Johnston dying his hair black and growing a moustache.

And if there is a second referendum and the result is the same will the Remoaners accept it this time? No chance!

I truly think we'd have to, because people are now, or should be, better informed than the lies we were fed first time. Having said that, I'd probably then vote for independence.

Quote: Chappers @ 21st October 2019, 10:27 PM

And if there is a second referendum and the result is the same will the Remoaners accept it this time?

Quote: Briosaid @ 21st October 2019, 10:31 PM

I truly think we'd have to,

If a second referendum results in a "leave" majority, the current level of chaos will be as nothing compared with the furore that will ensue - and that's exactly why a "leave" majority will not be allowed to happen.

If a small gang of low-life nobodies can produce a bent election result at Peterborough, the combined forces of the British establishment will have absolutely no difficulty producing the results they want at a second EU referendum.

Ever since the original EU referendum, I've been saying the blindingly obvious way to reverse the decision is simply to hold a second referendum.

If a second referendum is held, I am convinced the decision will be to remain, no matter whether that decision is the genuine will of the people who vote or whether it's the result of some very high-level shenanigans.

Whatever happens, I've never believed we're going to leave the EU and I still don't think we will.

I could be wrong, of course. Laughing out loud

I only hope you're right.

Quote: Briosaid @ 16th October 2019, 8:18 PM

a bit like the time (on another forum) when you said somebody had hacked into your post and it wasn't you who wanted to share a bed with Pam.

Quote: Briosaid @ 18th October 2019, 9:18 PM

She'd given us all her mobile number but after the pm which you said you didn't send, she pretended She'd dropped her phone in the bath and it wasn't working. Oh dear.

Amazing, it seems that my hypothetical misdemeanor has moved from a forum message to a text message.

But Briosaid is an honourable woman and couldn't possibly be wrong could she?

And if there is a second referendum and the result is the same will the Remoaners accept it this time?

Happily, if there's a proper plan attached to it. Not pie in the sky fantasy that's going to damage the economy and leave us poorer as a nation and cost people jobs and livelihoods.

And if there is a second referendum and the result is the same will the Remoaners ....

And would you stop with the disrespectful language ?

Get your hopes up all you like, give this 2nd vote all the epithets you can but it still remains a re-run of the first because you didn't like the result.
It's not going to happen!

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 22nd October 2019, 7:45 AM

Get your hopes up all you like, give this 2nd vote all the epithets you can but it still remains a re-run of the first because you didn't like the result.
It's not going to happen!

I seem to remember Nigel Farage in 2016 saying if the vote was 52% to 48% in favour of Remain they would fright on for more referendums because that was too close to be decisive. So we're just fighting on in the way most Brexiteers would if the positions were reversed.