UKTV Gold

Is UKTV Gold a subscription On Demand/Streaming Channel. Living in the U.S., other than Doctor Who, Butterflies, Faulty Towers and Benny Hill, there wasn't much UK television to be found for a 12yr old who was grown tired of Different Strokes, etc. Liking the humour found in its programing (unfortunately at that time my maturity was at Benny Hill level) I'd watch anything in the English language with an accent. I've got Acorn and Britbox, but still have a hard time finding something to watch.

Thank you, I was hoping to check out some of the "Classics". 2.4 Children, My Family, Green Wing, I'm Alan Partridge.

Gold, UKTV Gold, UK Gold, in any of its various named guises, has always been a premium channel: never free. It's also UK only and not available online - sorry!

Is there anywhere else I could look to find any classics? I did find Green Wimg on Hulu recently.

Quote: cmroberts @ 17th October 2019, 5:10 AM

Is there anywhere else I could look to find any classics? I did find Green Wimg on Hulu recently.

Good old DVD is really your best bet. Even here in Britain, there aren't any streaming platforms that have a wide or deep selection.

I'd recommend starting by browsing down this page and seeing what you like the sound of: https://www.comedy.co.uk/shop/recommended/

Thanks Aaron, I'll start there