Newsjack Series 21 - September 2019 Page 17

Quote: Wishus @ 10th October 2019, 11:25 PM

Auditchris, Joe Oakes, Johnnyg323 you are all heroes. Well done!

Nothing for me from the Newsjack team.

But I am through to the final 10 of BBC New Voices. ????

That's awesome - congratulations!

Well done Wishus, that's fantastic

AuditChris..did they make changes to your sketch?

Yeah, they made loads of changes! I think they almost always do.

I think a Newsjack sketch submission is essentially a proof of concept: 'This is the angle, these are the sorts of jokes and you can see that the idea fundamentally works.'

That catches the eye of the producers and the script editors then have their wicked way with it!

I was gratified that the audience applauded the Melania gag - that hadn't been tinkered with.

Well done, that's fantastic!

Well done to everyone who got on, good week for BCG!

Listened to episode 5... weakest of the series so far IMO - was it produced by American teenagers? 2 extremely lame Justin Trudeau "lines" (can't call them jokes), 10-years-old "yo mama" one-liner, American traffic one-liner, loads of Trump diatribe from Kiri... so many "jokes" barely got an embarassed titter, I can't remember so many unfunny lines getting through editing before on Newsjack. (No offence to anyone's material!)

Onwards and upwards hopefully, last week last chance!

Quote: skram @ 12th October 2019, 12:31 PM

I can't remember so many unfunny lines getting through editing before on Newsjack. (No offence to anyone's material!)

It's possible that the unfunny lines were submitted by unfunny writers.

However, it's equally possible that the unfunny lines were submitted by very clever writers who knew the sort of unfunny stuff that, for some reason, NewsJack likes to inflict upon its listeners. Laughing out loud

Thank f**k that's over.

That's my last sketch submitted for the year.

It actually felt like a pleasure to write this week, so I'm actually feeling pretty hopeful. Good luck everyone!

I understand that, some considerable time ago, the task of selecting jokes and sketches for broadcast on NewsJack ceased to be a production-team effort and was instead put into the hands of somebody called Ernie.

@Wishus...Amazing news. Can I tell people that I know you? *fingers and toes crossed*

@skram...i think NJ does it to funk with our heads....on the rare occasion that i tune in, i do so wearing a tin foil hat while staring at a lava lamp and chewing on a stress ball.

We managed 2 - 1 about the guy who was made a saint and 1 about the woman who gave birth on the London Underground. Good luck everyone! :)

Great ideas Bonzo. I forgot about the Saint one. It caught my eye. Mine was on Thomas the Tank Engine.

Quote: BTF @ 14th October 2019, 4:19 PM

Great ideas Bonzo. I forgot about the Saint one. It caught my eye. Mine was on Thomas the Tank Engine.

Thanks BTF. I didn't see the Thomas story. Good luck!

Quote: Bonzo @ 14th October 2019, 9:27 PM

Thanks BTF. I didn't see the Thomas story. Good luck!

To be fair it wasn't a Thomas story! It was a Steam Punk festival story...