What are you watching on TV? Page 2,163

Well that's a coincidence, the man in the paper shop this morning said he'd heard of Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe, but not the Marble Arch..........................yes, my Sunday's mornings get that exciting.

Quote: lofthouse @ 6th October 2019, 3:09 PM

Is that in France?

Mais oui. Longchamp.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 6th October 2019, 3:57 PM

Well that's a coincidence, the man in the paper shop this morning said he'd heard of Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe, but not the Marble Arch..........................yes, my Sunday's mornings get that exciting.

Marble Arch won the Ladbroke Hurdle at Ascot in 2001.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 6th October 2019, 4:21 PM

Mais oui. Longchamp.

Marble Arch won the Ladbroke Hurdle at Ascot in 2001.

:D Just noticed the Pricks

I just saw an advert on TV. Why on earth have they made an animated film of the Addams Family?

Quote: Chappers @ 6th October 2019, 10:23 PM

I just saw an advert on TV. Why on earth have they made an animated film of the Addams Family?

Why not? Didn't they start as cartoons in the New Yorker, so an animated film is a pretty natural progression.

So the Beeb Beeb Ceeb TV is back to normal this week now that the debacle that is some athletics is over - I saw for example on POV people were up in arms that Strictly Take 2 (TWO!) was moved to the Pointless slot (on ONE), which in turn was pushed back - not that I was bothered.

But the point of my post is WHY this jamboree of skinny people running, jumping and skipping should take over the schedules so much. Put it on the 24-hour news channel or treat it like BBC 3, but STOP f**king up people's viewing for the relatively few who want to watch this crap. OVER EIGHT SOLID HOURS ONE DAY!!

And think on BBC - IF it was that popular, SKY or one of those would have taken it off you by now.

EDIT: And don't get me started on the "awards" these people get. Sir this, Lord that, Dame this, Baroness that, the f**king list goes on and on. Win a couple of races and you're treated like royalty. Angry

What's got 28 legs, hates women and produces milk? Colpo Grosso.

Spitting image

Episode 1

Quote: lofthouse @ 7th October 2019, 9:51 PM

Spitting image

Episode 1

Where?

YouTube

Secrets of the Superfactories More 4

Went inside the Heinz factory in Wigan, which is apparently the biggest baked bean factory in the world, and facts and figures are effin' mind blowing.

Talk about high speed!

From raw beans coming in to tins of baked beans going out in just two hours!!
Makes its own tin cans at 4500 tins a minute!!
Fills 1200 cans of beans in a minute!!
Culminating in 4 million cans of beans in one day.............incredible.

I'm watching First Dates Hotel - celebrity edition.

Actually, I tell a lie: I started watching it and then decided to fast-forward all the way through it.

Seriously folks, is there any point in arranging a date between a good-looking, famous, wealthy celebrity and an ordinary member of the public? I think not.

In all walks of life, like tends to attract like and a successfully married (or "over the brush") couple are almost certain to have a great deal in common.

Rich men and beautiful young (but poor) women have an illustrious history of superficially romantic involvement but that's not what First Dates is about. It's all about true romance and so the couples need to be matched well before they meet.

Rich women do sometimes pair up with beautiful young (but poor) men but that's relatively rare: in most cases, rich women pair up with rich men.

In any event, whenever you pair a wealthy celebrity with an ordinary Joe or Joanna, it can work in the very short term as long as the celebrity is enjoying the sex but for all other purposes, it's a recipe for disaster. :(

I'm watching The X Factor: Celebrity.

Actually, I tell a lie (as I did in my post above): I started watching it, lasted about 10 minutes and then decided to delete it and cancel the series link.

The celebrities are, for the most part, completely unknown to me.

Likewise, several of the judges are completely unknown to me.

The idea of the show is to take celebrities who are not singers and see if any of them has what it takes to be a success in the music business.

Clearly, if any of the celebrities were rubbish at singing, they wouldn't be on the show.

Equally clearly, if any of the celebrities were great at singing they wouldn't be doing what they're doing in the entertainment industry: they'd be recording hit songs and selling out stadiums.

So, the show is all about celebrities I've never heard of who can sing moderately well but not well enough to have already convinced anybody they're likely to make a career in the recording industry.

Am I missing something or is the show a completely pointless exercise?

Watched Erin Brockovich and now watching Terminator 2. Films I have seen many times before but have an infinite replay value. Technically more suited to the DVD thread but I am watching them on a TV.

Why are people proud to say they watched every episode of Game of Thrones? Since when has sitting on your fat arse doing f**k all except watching shit been respectable?