Newsjack Series 21 - September 2019 Page 15

Quote: Auditchris @ 9th October 2019, 10:01 PM

Attended the recording tonight - my first time. Somewhat unbelievably they did one of my sketches! Have no idea if it will make the edit as they had to do retakes at the end (messed up a sound effect) but buzzing to have had another sketch in the script.

My brain is jelly at the mo but I remember a few other sketches:

Hurricane Miguel - the sexy Mexican hurricane (probably the standout sketch thanks to a great lead performance)

Women's space walk - male controller very concerned to not be offensive.

Queen fires Boris - Apprentice spoof

Poirot investigates Boris

Film trailer - Thomas Cook repatriation as war movie

Criminals with pollen allergies

And my 'Trump TV' one :)

I'll add others if and when my brain reminds me!

Well done ( and good luck for tomorrow evening )
How long does the recording last - about a couple of hours ?

Attended the recording tonight - my first time. Somewhat unbelievably they did one of my sketches! Have no idea if it will make the edit as they had to do retakes at the end (messed up a sound effect) but buzzing to have had another sketch in the script.

My brain is jelly at the mo but I remember a few other sketches:

Hurricane Miguel - the sexy Mexican hurricane (probably the standout sketch thanks to a great lead performance)

Women's space walk - male controller very concerned to not be offensive.

Queen fires Boris - Apprentice spoof

Poirot investigates Boris

Criminals with pollen allergies

And my 'Trump TV' one :)

I'll add others if and when my brain reminds me!

Congrats! I was in the audience for week 1, when one of our sketches was performed - it's a thrill.

PS I don't suppose there was a sketch about a naughty goose on Newsnight??

Congrats Chris! Always great when that happens!

Cheers! With a bit of warm up from Kiri and pickups at the end it all lasts about 90 mins.

I basically did that sketch two weeks ago! 1940's newsreel framed sketch on repatriation of Thomas Cook passengers.

If they did a 'we will fight them on the beaches' joke where it was holiday instead of fight then I will be so pissed

Remembered a couple more sketches:

- clown being heckled by kids at party to reveal his dark backstory.

- Professor Brian Cox debating Milky Way explosion (Brexit metaphor).

Interesting to think about how/why I remember sketches - I think it's driven by 'big' performances. So make your sketches fun to perform!

Congrats @AuditChris, that must have been quite a buzz!

great going @AuditChris !!

@AuditChris - quick question do you remember much about the Thomas Cook sketch. Was it a historic war movie or a modern war move? Do you remember much about it?

Well done Audit Chris

Quote: LateDentArthurDent @ 9th October 2019, 10:36 PM

Congrats! I was in the audience for week 1, when one of our sketches was performed - it's a thrill.

PS I don't suppose there was a sketch about a naughty goose on Newsnight??

Which one was your sketch week 1

This was my joke last week that got the 'close but no cigar' e-mail: Liam Gallagher has described getting his new album to Number One as a"biblical" achievement. To celebrate, he'll hold an open air concert for 5,000 fans and feed them using only five loaves and two fish.

@DeathbyMonkey - don't remember a great deal. The intro mentioned Christopher Nolan and Dunkirk. Though the trailer guy then said 'from the makers of Saving Private Ryan'

There was a British Officer doing a straight bit ('our people desperately need help' or whatever) and then a Geordie woman saying something like 'yeah, I ran out of clean knickers five days ago.'

That sort of thing!

Quote: GAP1 @ 10th October 2019, 1:18 PM

This was my joke last week that got the 'close but no cigar' e-mail: Liam Gallagher has described getting his new album to Number One as a"biblical" achievement. To celebrate, he'll hold an open air concert for 5,000 fans and feed them using only five loaves and two fish.

That's a decent joke in itself and it includes a bonus joke for good measure.

The bonus is that Liam actually believes he could do that! Laughing out loud

Quote: Auditchris @ 10th October 2019, 1:32 PM

@DeathbyMonkey - don't remember a great deal. The intro mentioned Christopher Nolan and Dunkirk. Though the trailer guy then said 'from the makers of Saving Private Ryan'

There was a British Officer doing a straight bit ('our people desperately need help' or whatever) and then a Geordie woman saying something like 'yeah, I ran out of clean knickers five days ago.'

That sort of thing!

Cheers Chris. As I submitted quite a similar sketch a couple of weeks ago I might post it in the rejects if they broadcast the Thomas Cook sketch tonight as a sort of comparison what they don't/do go for

Quote: GAP1 @ 10th October 2019, 1:18 PM

Well done! I'm still waiting for them to tell me what got me the nearly email two weeks ago :(.

And well done Auditchris, that must have been a great experience!