I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,104

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 9th October 2019, 10:24 PM

The BCG forums readership can handle more than single sentence paragraphs.

Some of them are undoubtedly able to do that - but my writing these days is all about inclusivity. I don't want others to feel left out. Laughing out loud

Looks like a cut and paste from The Daily Mail.

How dare you accuse me of reading the Daily Mail! Laughing out loud

Seriously though, I read the story on an American website and rewrote the salient details from memory - apart from the quote from the lawyer which, being a quote, is not something which should be paraphrased.

The full story will doubtless emerge in due course but at the moment, reports in American newspapers are concentrating on the woman's exposing her chest in the presence of the children - and that is why I restricted my posting to that incident.

Oh-um.

The problem with the sex wars thing is that it is SO middle class/moneyed and it has been transferred deliberately down the money chain like an early death virus. Whips and chains, You ain't gonna get any fetish with those among the ones who feel the whips and chains of killer poverty. A fetish for stink? Total middle class piggery when the poor people dressed up on a Sunday and made a point of not being schizophrenically dirty after 60 hours a week of hard manual labour. I am now starting to think that all privileged power people are seriously mentally unwell and would ideally be locked up.

They are so pettily childlike in all of the worst ways of a child - as is almost all news now, yawn. I say this as a vehement champion of normal and autistic poor children. I don't reckon me much but time and again I have been proven to be clairvoyant. In the early 1980s I was derided by mates when I said that I doubted if pensions would exist for us at 65 and if they happened we would probably have to ride on a horse to collect them. It turns out I was absolutely right. I don't mind people being what and who they are. In some ways I positively welcome it. But I don't want nutters colouring my society.

Incidentally, I asked my MP to introduce a bill for compulsory illegal drug testing of MPs. I said I favoured Labour's Lindsey Hoyle as the new speaker and I wanted him to help kill off the revolting Harman's bid. It felt really extreme when I wrote it. OK. He has decided not to respond. Yet Hoyle today says that there IS a drugs problem in the Commons so I was right again and that is definitely the guy I want as speaker. Now just watch how they will next all vote him down. Sickening!

A lot voted for Brexit, so I'm not sure they can.

Chappers can't, and he's said as much. Whistling nnocently

Hi Dave :D

The BCG forums readership can handle more than single sentence. Looks like a cut and paste from The Daily Mail.

There it is again - that obsession.

Quote: chipolata @ 10th October 2019, 6:37 AM

He said by way of a single sentence paragraph.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 10th October 2019, 7:55 AM

There it is again - that obsession.

He said by way of a single sentence paragraph.

Not sure what you mean by obsession as that is the first time I've ever mentioned the Daily Mail.

It's the start of an obsession.

Quote: chipolata @ 10th October 2019, 6:37 AM

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 10th October 2019, 10:11 AM

It's the start of an obsession.

:)

A senior Government medical adviser who BRAVELY risks cancer by drinking one centilitre of wine once EVERY three months has SENSATIONALLY advised that 2 million deaths could be prevented each year if people were immediately BANNED from travelling on public transport. Dame Sally Konigberger, 25, said:

"So, the current obsession among OAPs in particular for the hopper bus rather than them, like, choosing the healthy option of marathon running will put even more strain on the NHS than Brexit. So, like, yeah, no deal's a ticking time bomb. And, yeah, that alone will, like, murder half the population. But we can still do a lot by forcing pensioners off transportation dependency. I say that as an entirely neutral independent woman who just happens to be paid millions annually by multinational conglomerates. Anyhow, mostly that money which is peanuts is connected with all my 27 Honorary University Doctorates for which I didn't do any work so it, like, really doesn't count."

A spokesperson for the Health and Absence of Social Care Department commented; "Ministers are considering Dame Sally's comments very carefully, not least as she, a young person of colour, is of Anglo-German-Chinese heritage and has sadly been unable to afford to pay the mortgage on her seventh house. We will obviously try to take decisions once all the options have been fully weighed. But this will be in the ongoing wider comprehensive review on every single aspect of health policy and we hope to publish two or three interim findings by around 2025."

Back in the so-called real world, Baroness Shami Chakrabarti, about whom several have been asking "was she under any influence?" in a recent bizarre interview with Jon Snow, has Honorary Degrees as follows:

2005 - Loughborough University
2006 - University of Roehampton
2006 - Sheffield Hallam University
2007 - Staffordshire University
2007 - University of East Anglia
2007 - University of Hull
2008 - University of Sussex
2009 - Open University
2010 - University of Exeter
2010 - University of Southampton
2011 - University of Glamorgan
2011 - Middlesex University
2012 - Newcastle University
2013 - York St john University
2015 - Cardiff Metropolitan University
2015 - Oxford Brookes University
2015 - Brunel University
2016 - University of London

Her past links also include the LSE, University of Manchester, Nuffield College and Mansfield College, Oxford, Lucy Cavendish College, Cambridge and the University of Essex where she was its Chancellor between 2014 and 2017.

One day, the public might be given an explanation but don't hold your breath. For a start, could we at least be advised if it is actually now quite typical among these sorts of people and, if so, why? I have never seen anything like it before.

Greta Thunberg has not been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.

Instead, it's gone to Ethiopia's prime minister Abiy Ahmed who has ended a 20-year conflict in Africa.

The Nobel Peace Prize is awarded (usually annually) to someone who in the preceding year has "done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses".

To be fair, that doesn't sound anything like Greta.

It does, however, sound quite a lot like Abiy Ahmed.

According to reports, Graham Norton earned £3 million last year, compared with £5 million the year before.

This has led people to believe he's taken a pay cut from the BBC.

Graham has suggested that journalists investigating outrageously huge pay packets might be better employed looking at some of the stars from ITV rather than at people like himself who, by comparison, are just about scraping by.

I can hear the shredders whirring at ITV's accounts department as I type. Laughing out loud

He could go back to making motor bikes.

The size of Norton's annual salary is directly linked to the amount of hair on his face. The beard was there when the money was at its highest. It has now been trimmed back to a moustache in line with the recent salary cuts. But that salary is still considerably higher than when he could be bothered to shave properly and lived happily in a caravan on Craggy Island.

I'd like to see Southgate lose his beard - he can afford to employ someone to shave it if he has lost that ability because of status - and most of the hair on his head. He needs to be down to a combo of natural baldness and designed Mohican.

The latter could be done for free by a friendly Rottweiler without a muzzle. One which at other times lives in whatever changing room the England team is in and who isn't fed on match days until at least an hour after the final whistle,

To be fair, I know 20 people who work in fish and chip shops who could all have delivered at least one trophy since 1966 and I have recently been listening to a tape by my old mate Quibble. It's just him asking random question after question as was his peculiar style. I spliced some of it in with what Zellweger said and it takes it onto a completely different plane.