I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,103

Quote: Chappers @ 7th October 2019, 8:43 PM

I'm not saying it's right but the situation in Hong Kong is hardly surprising. It was predictable when our lease was running out.

Unfortunately I think it can only end badly.

The Hong Kongers are putting up a good fight, but they don't stand a chance against the CCP unless the world stands behind them, and so far that hasn't happened to any great extent.

It would be nice to see the rest of China stand up to their government and give the commies their walking papers.

The trouble is nobody in mainland China will really be aware of what is going on.

I worked out that the uncles and aunts who loved me most were the ones who didn't buy me toys which were labelled "Made in Hong Kong". Such is the Davos vibe that this has shifted to "Made in China" even though Beijing is now more relaxed about orgies and people walking around saying "hello, I am an umbrella". My one time mate, Tony, who was so northern he was a shoo-in for a bit part in "When The Boat Comes In" spent most of his younger life on army bases. He was spotted smoking on a Hong Kong bus at 14 by a snoop and vehemently denied it. "How do you know it was me?". The answer was that he was the only male with a moustache dressed in a Dad suit and a Hull City scarf that side of town.

But it didn't hold him back. He still happily lost his virginity before his 15th birthday in an oriental brothel. Yet I am not so convinced by youth protests these days. Kidz obviously want to continue to be able to wear jeans and have access to Stormzy. That, though, isn't enough substance for me to justify violence against a communism which puts workers in rice fields and one hundred new airports first. Since the bloke at the bus stop at the Wentworth golf tournament looked down his nose on me about LIndisfarne and Prefab Sprout, it has become clear to me that tradition is generally relegated in the 21st Century below the last bright young thing person you screwed. Consequently, I see no reason why the latest hissy fit on what is, after all, the other side of the globe should leave anyone here jaundiced. Things change. Christ knows, York of itself is now Chinese. as is Durham. And I have been told not to even think of seeking a European puntist in Cambridge..

Quote: BTF @ 7th October 2019, 8:14 PM

:(

They did try to capture it alive first, only when that failed was it shot, to prevent a possible severe AutoBahn accident.

Still sad though.

Quote: billwill @ 8th October 2019, 2:15 AM

They did try to capture it alive first, only when that failed was it shot, to prevent a possible severe AutoBahn accident.

There appears to be some controversy regarding the shooting, largely because the animal was shot dead rather than tranquilized with an appropriate dart.

The authorities claim it was impossible to tranquilize the zebra because it was too far away: they say 60 metres.

Witnesses, however, say it was shot dead from only 10 metres.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 8th October 2019, 11:50 AM

There appears to be some controversy regarding the shooting, largely because the animal was shot dead rather than tranquilized with an appropriate dart.

The authorities claim it was impossible to tranquilize the zebra because it was too far away: they say 60 metres.

Witnesses, however, say it was shot dead from only 10 metres.

Maybe they were worried that people might get confused and try to cross the Autobahn.

Quote: Chappers @ 8th October 2019, 11:03 PM

Maybe they were worried that people might get confused and try to cross the Autobahn.

>_<

Too soon, Chappers, too soon.

Quote: DaButt @ 7th October 2019, 8:50 PM

It would be nice to see the rest of China stand up to their government and give the commies their walking papers.

I brought Mandarin translations of Mao's Great Famine (a book detailing what a despicable tyrant Mao was, causing so many needless deaths) and Jung Chang's critical Mao biography and gave to mainland Chinese. While some are interested in history, the Chinese have never had it so good in terms of prosperity and opportunity, so very few of them have any desire to f**k with the communist system. Life is not too oppressive there, provided you're not a minority and don't aspire to Western style freedoms.

In Central London today, as part of the Extinction Rebellion protest, dozens of women marched from Westminster Abbey to Downing Street while breastfeeding their babies.

The police were unable to stop or disperse the marching mums.

A spokesman for the Met said, "It's all gone tits-up!"

Quote: Rood Eye @ 9th October 2019, 12:32 PM

In Central London today, as part of the Extinction Rebellion protest, dozens of women marched from Westminster Abbey to Downing Street while breastfeeding their babies.

The police were unable to stop or disperse the marching mums.

A spokesman for the Met said, "It's all gone tits-up!"

1978 rang, The News Huddlines wants its joke back.

Quote: chipolata @ 9th October 2019, 3:35 PM

1978 rang, The News Huddlines wants its joke back.

Yeah? Well, your village just rang and they think my joke was hilarious! Laughing out loud

Donald Trump has described congressional impeachment hearings as "a kangaroo court".

If he's right, he's going to be impeached and impouched. Laughing out loud

In Utah, USA, a woman is facing jail and a place on the sex offenders' register for removing her bra in her own home.

She and her husband were doing building work in their garage, watched by the husband's three children - two boys aged 13 and 9, and a girl of 10.

It was hard work and the weather was hot: the couple had stripped down to their underwear.

The husband was in his undershorts and the wife was in her bra and panties.

At some point, the woman took off her bra and told the children it was perfectly okay because their dad was topless and there was no reason why she should not go topless too if she wanted to.

Sometime later, the children's mother heard about the incident and promptly called the cops.

The woman's attorney challenges the law, calling it sexist, saying "Because she is a woman -- and only because she is a woman -- the state now seeks to condemn her as a child sex offender for engaging in the exact same non-sexual conduct as her lawfully faultless husband.

The woman's trial begins on November 19th.

The BCG forums readership can handle more than single sentence paragraphs. Looks like a cut and paste from The Daily Mail.

An important point, conveniently left out in that wall of tabloidness is that she was allegedly intoxicated and allegedly asked her husband to expose his penis in front of children. The keyword here is allegedly so a court of law is the best place for it. As she is not the biological mother and if she was drunk then I completely understand why the mother is unhappy. It all sounds a lot like the incident involving Jennifer Lien but of course I'm just speculating and not presenting anything as fact.