Newsjack Series 21 - September 2019 Page 14

Quote: skram @ 5th October 2019, 2:37 PM

Well done GAP, poor showing from the rest of us! Just listened to the show... intro and one-liners were OK, some barely got a titter and there are definitely better jokes on the reject thread. Thought the sketches were really poor this week, I can't believe that's the best they got in (I did like the 999 one though apart from its weak ending)... I did notice the contributors' names were heavily weighted to the beginning of the alphabet so my plan for next week is to write under the pseudonym Aaron Aarovich.

Agree re this weeks episode - so far think episode 2 has been the stand-out

Disagree with your tactics. Reckon they'll head down the other end of the alphabet this time. I'm going with Zygmunt Zuckerberg

The lag between emailing and getting the autoreply has now stretched to 5 minutes. Oh my life, the suspense!

All submitted! But, as I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Newsjack does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be unfunny, I will totally destroy and obliterate Radio4 Extra (I've done before!).

They must, with News Revue and others, watch over their script editors to ensure they broadcast my jokes.

Only a 3 minute lag today... I had to cull 1 GWBW, and struggled with phrasing my last BN. I've probably done it all wrong!

I've submitted some real stinkers this week. Hopes are high!

Quote: TheTrashBat @ 8th October 2019, 12:24 PM

My advice to all comedians and comedy writers is "If your best stuff isn't working, try your worst stuff - what have you got to lose?" Laughing out loud

I've done my worst. Looking forward to the good news on Thursday

Stinkers in. Last minute and crap.

I normally think about one-liners over the weekend and then rush out a last-minute sketch... this time I did 2 sketches over the weekend and then rushed out one-liners instead...

Quote: TheTrashBat @ 8th October 2019, 12:24 PM

Laughing out loud

Maybe there's hope for us!
Just seen this on Twitter:

"Producing Newsjack and have less [sic] one liners than usual! PLEASE SEND ME YOUR JOKES OTHERWISE I HAVE TO WRITE THEM AND MINE ARE HORRIBLE. We pay for any that make it to air xx"

Geek

Quote: TheTrashBat @ 8th October 2019, 3:09 PM

"Producing Newsjack and have less (sic) one liners than usual!

That's the price you pay for ignoring decent one-liners and putting in an "oh no it's not!" panto line... Angelic

Quote: Steev @ 8th October 2019, 9:38 AM

All submitted! But, as I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Newsjack does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be unfunny, I will totally destroy and obliterate Radio4 Extra (I've done before!).

They must, with News Revue and others, watch over their script editors to ensure they broadcast my jokes.

Laughing out loud

three oneliners barely submitted, went for a spaghetti western theme this week, one good, one bad, one ugly.

Attended the recording tonight - my first time. Somewhat unbelievably they did one of my sketches! Have no idea if it will make the edit as they had to do retakes at the end (messed up a sound effect) but buzzing to have had another sketch in the script.

My brain is jelly at the mo but I remember a few other sketches:

Hurricane Miguel - the sexy Mexican hurricane (probably the standout sketch thanks to a great lead performance)

Women's space walk - male controller very concerned to not be offensive.

Queen fires Boris - Apprentice spoof

Poirot investigates Boris

Film trailer - Thomas Cook repatriation as war movie

Criminals with pollen allergies

And my 'Trump TV' one :)

I'll add others if and when my brain reminds me!