Doc Martin Page 8

Quote: paul45 @ 29th September 2017, 1:49 PM

Sad to think that only one more series is to be made after the current one finishes.

It's only one more series confirmed to date - not a certain end to the show.

Another new patient tonight. Nick Da Silva to follow Drew Peacock, Lee Majors etc.

And did he really say Dawn F**ker?

Anita Bush.

Fnaar, fnaar!

Theresa Green.

I'm waiting for Mike Hunt.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 14th October 2017, 8:30 PM

Theresa Green.

Yes - i just picked up on this perennial.

Helen Highwater!

Another great series of Doc Martin, I really do think this show could go on and on forever and still be really watchable. Every series is great, it never gets boring. Can't wait for Series 9 in 2019. Hope all the cast return for the next series.

Glad to see it back. My type of programme.

A new patient in the waiting room last week was Honor Todd.

Quote: Chappers @ 7th October 2019, 10:04 PM

Glad to see it back. My type of programme.

A new patient in the waiting room last week was Honor Todd.

Laughing out loud

We used to love it but he changed from just being rude to being quite nasty.
That copper got annoying too.

I wish he was my doctor. Diagnoses everything immediately and can fit you in at a moment's notice.

I've always liked Doc Martin and, over the years, have managed to overlook the ridiculous policeman.

Accordingly, I was enjoying Episode 1 of the latest series (9th) until, for some reason, it descended into farce at around the 50th minute when Martin and pals had to jettison a cargo of whisky from a small boat and a group of people suffered accidents in a lighthouse in a "domino" sequence of mishaps so absurd I was fully expecting Brian Rix to appear from a cupboard without his trousers.

Almost everything in the show is done very well indeed but it seems the writers sometimes get bored and decide to liven things up unnecessarily.

Stop it! Angry

Quote: Rood Eye @ 8th October 2019, 11:42 AM

I was fully expecting Brian Rix to appear from a cupboard without his trousers.

If only...

I'm currently watching Series 9 Episode 2 and the Doc is about to visit a Mrs Knott.

Leaving the surgery, he asks the receptionist, "What's her name again?"

"Shirley." Laughing out loud

Quote: Rood Eye @ 8th October 2019, 10:05 PM

I'm currently watching Series 9 Episode 2 and the Doc is about to visit a Mrs Knott.

Leaving the surgery, he asks the receptionist, "What's her name again?"

"Shirley." Laughing out loud

I missed that one.