Do Not Honour Payment Error When Subscribing

Hi guys,

A few days ago I tried to commence the monthly £3 subscription and got an error when I tried to make the payment using the saved card details from when I used it last year. I got the error:

Oh no! Subscription could not be created: Do Not Honour

I just tried again three times and am getting the same error. The first time I tried again with the saved card details and the second time I manually entered them. That time it loaded a popup showing Santander were being contacted for authorisation but that window closed and I then got the do not honour error. It looks like my bank is rejecting the transaction but I'm not sure why because it has enough funds and I used it for another online purchase on Saturday. It's a Visa debit card. What could be causing it to fail?

Maybe they think that you're donating to some illegal, immoral or unethical organisation.

Quote: Chappers @ 7th October 2019, 8:42 PM

Maybe they think that you're donating to some illegal, immoral or unethical organisation.

It's not been a problem for them before and I'm in to some pretty crazy shit.

Have you double-checked your billing details, like address? You should be able to see them here: https://www.comedy.co.uk/account/payment_details/

We do not enforce hugely strict checking as we're normally processing only very small sums, but the error is being returned by your card provider (although not sure if that's the bank or the card company), and suggesting to our system that your transaction is untrustworthy... Might be worth phoning your bank to enquire if you can't see anything awry.