BREXIT Page 6

I don't agree with referenda.

Quote: BTF @ 6th October 2019, 10:52 PM

We shouldn't need them. That's what the government is supposed to do, but obviously Cameron didn't have the guts to act. By the way, nice to see somebody use the proper word 'referenda'. 'Referendums' drives me nuts.

Quote: BTF @ 6th October 2019, 10:52 PM

In ancient Rome, "referenda" were the officials in charge of football matches and, just like BTF today, many people didn't agree with the referenda.

Indeed, when fans were particularly outraged by a decision on the pitch, chants of "Quis est iste bastardis indutus in nigrum?" could be heard all over the city

Quote: Rood Eye @ 6th October 2019, 11:45 PM

In ancient Rome, "referenda" were the officials in charge of football matches and, just like BTF today, many people didn't agree with the referenda.

Indeed, when fans were particularly outraged by a decision on the pitch, chants of "Quis est iste bastardis indutus in nigrum?" could be heard all over the city.

I like the 'bastardis' bit. Sounds a bit like Glasgow when There's a Rangers/Celtic match.

To stir things up a bit:

You have to be at least 65 now, (i.e. aged 19 in 1973) to have any idea what it was like to live without the EU, so logically only those over 65ish should have been allowed to vote in the referendum.

Ironically, for post-Brexit Britain to be a success you need Remainers. They're the visionaries and entrepreneurs and wealth creators. They're the dynamos that drive a successful economy. Your Brexiteers are largely low-skilled or economically inactive, only really contributing to the bit of the economy that depends on Werther's Original sales. You're welcome, Brexiteers.

I know a lot of highly skilled NHS staff that will leave after Brexit. The NHS rightly blames Brexit for exacerbating their ongoing recruitment issues. The Guardian has traditional been the NHS recruitment paper and they still remember the funding lies on a bus designed to get their vote. I wonder which patients will be effected the most by the inevitable cuts to service and growing queues ? Care homes will have a similar recruitment problem. Its as if Brexiteers didn't think any of this through. But hey, young Remainers apparently need economically inactive Brexiteers more than Brexiteers need them, apparently. Ill

Brexiteers are essentially an anchor around our necks. I'm not saying cull them, that's maybe too much, but without that 17.4 million 'fat' Britain would be a far leaner and fitter country.

Whichever way it goes, half the country are going to be unhappy.
Cold logic dictates it should be the half that are dying off, as they'll have less time being unhappy.
Plus there'll be plenty of medicine and salad.
Roll on the 2nd Ref!

All the leavers and remainers should settle their differences with a game of tug of war followed by musical chairs. Then a big bowl of broth for all.

In secret talks today:

Sources close to me revealed that Nicola Sturgeon and Jo Swinson have agreed a new bridge, wall and tunnel programme for maintaining links with the EU. The SNP will construct a 983 mile bridge between Edinburgh and Copenhagen if the Lib Dems agree to erect a wall around all of Greater London. The wall will have one access point, believed to be close to Strood, from an extended Channel Tunnel. A tunnel built through the few villages in Kent thought to have voted remain.

I am reliably informed that Labour was initially involved in the talks but had argued for a non-linear approach to the new infrastructure. In policy agreed at its conference, the Scotland to Denmark bridge would be built but only halfway across the North Sea followed by a sudden "powerhouse style cliff edge drop", denoted by a sign simply saying "Momentum".

And while Labour is not opposed to the London and Kent plan, it wants 40 separate bits of a Channel Tunnel extension through Kent with frequent lengthy gaps to reduce adverse environmental impacts. Similarly, while it would build a wall on the London boundary, there would be long stretches without a wall to improve air quality and maximise freedom of movement. Sadly, this is unacceptable to committed Europeans who favour an exclusively American, non European policy.

"Yes it's true" my sources told me. "The repetitive court action. The obsessive promotion of a United States of Europe and unlimited migration based on the concept "the land of the free". The sheer determination to smash the welfare state by ratcheting up the numbers here so that it has no future. All of these things were merely a start by the Europhiles of turning the UK into an American state. Now they are even copying Trump's keenness on pursuing very big infrastructure.

And while they claim to be against chlorinated chicken they are happy to keep quiet about the prepared salads in our supermarkets which are chlorinated. Most of them are double agents operating out of an alternative UN in Ukraine." I did actually invite Prime Minister Designate Caroline Lucas onto my programme but she is currently unavailable for comment.

Hahaha, excellent comedy guys. This site really lives up to its name

Quote: Briosaid @ 6th October 2019, 10:28 PM

Silly man. I agree maybe we shouldn't have been allowed to vote. We'll all be deid by the time the horrors happen and the poor young folk are left with the shite,

Exactly. It was thanks to the silly old bastards who voted for Brexit that we're all left in the shit.

But you're a silly old bastard who voted to stay!

Quote: chipolata @ 7th October 2019, 6:32 AM

Ironically, for post-Brexit Britain to be a success you need Remainers. They're the visionaries and entrepreneurs and wealth creators. They're the dynamos that drive a successful economy. Your Brexiteers are largely low-skilled or economically inactive, only really contributing to the bit of the economy that depends on Werther's Original sales. You're welcome, Brexiteers.

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

Quote: Firkin @ 7th October 2019, 7:58 AM

I know a lot of highly skilled NHS staff that will leave after Brexit. The NHS rightly blames Brexit for exacerbating their ongoing recruitment issues. The Guardian has traditional been the NHS recruitment paper and they still remember the funding lies on a bus designed to get their vote. I wonder which patients will be effected the most by the inevitable cuts to service and growing queues ? Care homes will have a similar recruitment problem. Its as if Brexiteers didn't think any of this through. But hey, young Remainers apparently need economically inactive Brexiteers more than Brexiteers need them, apparently. Ill

Oh give it a rest. It's the stirrers causing all the unease.

You do know that the first rule of comedy is to know your audience, Chaps?

Gawn yersel, Angela. If it's true.