BREXIT Page 5

Quote: BTF @ 6th October 2019, 9:43 PM

Brexit is so divisive. I have had a nice big glass of wine to insulate me. Arguing on here about it really is pissing in the wind. My mother is a brexiteer. Mr BTF, me and my daughter - we are remainers. We think Mum is full of shit over this. Excuse language. She thinks we are niave. There will never be a middle ground where we can meet on this issue. It entrenches people. I know my mother is genuinely wrong. She thinks we are wrong. Other than that we are all close????

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud I actually don't know any Brexiteers in real life. The folk I know are intelligent! Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud on a serious note, it seems like so many people see it as some kind of game - You've lost, get over it. When in fact it can have horrendous consequences that we just can't ignore while wee boys play silly games. Maybe they're all so wealthy it doesn't matter to them.

Quote: Briosaid @ 6th October 2019, 9:47 PM

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud I actually don't know any Brexiteers in real life. The folk I know are intelligent! Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

My mother and my uncle. It is definitely a generation thing in my family. No offence anyone on here
:D

And no doubt my mother voted on immigration. I think anyway. It is so divisive

Angry

Quote: BTF @ 6th October 2019, 9:49 PM

My mother and my uncle. It is definitely a generation thing in my family. No offence anyone on here
:D

And no doubt my mother voted on immigration. I think anyway. It is so divisive

I'm actually 74, so not one of the (in my opinion) silly old bastards who voted for it. It's 3 years and 3 months since the vote. Think of all the new voters since then. It's their future but they're getting no say.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 6th October 2019, 9:51 PM

Angry

That is quite effective. A single emoji says a lot
Laughing out loud

This is a nightmare. I went to a ukele evening last night. There was a man a lot older than me. I am 54 - full disclosure! He was wearing a union jack waist coat and started about Brexit and the idiots etc.
A ukele evening.
Do you play the ukele Alfred Kipper?

Quote: BTF @ 6th October 2019, 10:02 PM

That is quite effective. A single emoji says a lot
Laughing out loud

This is a nightmare. I went to a ukele evening last night. There was a man a lot older than me. I am 54 - full disclosure! He was wearing a union jack waist coat and started about Brexit and the idiots etc.
A ukele evening.
Do you mind me asking, do you play the ukele Alfred Kipper?

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud Love it! Love it!

Do you mind me asking, do you play the ukele Alfred Kipper?

For God's sake, nobody ask him about his little stick of Blackpool rock!

Quote: Briosaid @ 6th October 2019, 9:55 PM

Think of all the new voters since then. It's their future but they're getting no say.

As many of us didn't when the "idiots" voted us in to the EU. But we rightly accepted it. Democracy and all that.
Are you honestly suggesting that those unlucky enough to be one month too young to vote in the next General Election should be given the opportunity to cast their vote once they come of age?
Astonishing logic!

Quote: garyd @ 6th October 2019, 10:11 PM

As many of us didn't when the "idiots" voted us in to the EU. But we rightly accepted it. Democracy and all that.
Are you honestly suggesting that those unlucky enough to be one month too young to vote in the next General Election should be given the opportunity to cast their vote once they come of age?
Astonishing logic!

No. I'm pointing out that 3 years is a helluva long time in politics - and real life.

Do you play the ukele Alfred Kipper?

No but I like blowing my trumpet.

Quote: Briosaid @ 6th October 2019, 10:15 PM

No. I'm pointing out that 3 years is a helluva long time in politics - and real life.

But you admitted to being 74 so what is your argument about new voters? It's senile old gits like you who shouldn't have been allowed to vote in the first place.

Quote: Chappers @ 6th October 2019, 10:19 PM

But you admitted to being 74 so what is your argument about new voters? It's senile old gits like you who shouldn't have been allowed to vote in the first place.

You're on a slippery slope there, Chappers, take out the senile old duffers and Brexit would never have passed.

Quote: Chappers @ 6th October 2019, 10:19 PM

Silly man. I agree maybe we shouldn't have been allowed to vote. We'll all be deid by the time the horrors happen and the poor young folk are left with the shite,

Quote: chipolata @ 6th October 2019, 10:24 PM

You're on a slippery slope there, Chappers, take out the senile old duffers and Brexit would never have passed.

Exactly. It was thanks to the silly old bastards who voted for Brexit that we're all left in the shit.

Quote: Briosaid @ 6th October 2019, 10:28 PM

Silly man. I agree maybe we shouldn't have been allowed to vote.

Which is exactly what I argued three and a half years ago at the outset:

But would anybody listen? No!:

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 20th May 2016, 11:50 PM

The question I'm asking myself, as someone over 60 years of age, is "should I vote at all?". If I did so I would vote to leave (I voted "no" in 1975).

But I strongly believe that voting in this referendum should be limited to those under 60 (or even younger). Those over 60 have already voted once, albeit on a slightly different question, and their decision duly implemented for better or for worse.

The polls say that younger people are more likely to vote to stay in. What right have I, who has no long term future and who hasn't got to worry about any impact on the job market, got to interfere with those who have?

Let's face it - my generation has already messed up the world for future generations. Let those whose long term future it will affect now decide their own destiny.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 6th October 2019, 10:34 PM

Which is exactly what I argued three and a half years ago at the outset:

But would anybody listen? No!:

For once I agree with you. However I always vote if I'm allowed - people died for my right to vote, so it's the least I can do.